I pulled a Phage untouchable tonight

B

Black Vise

Well went to the local card store and got a few packs of legions and pulled Phage the untochable tonight!! YAY what is she worth?

T

train

Right now she's a rare from Legions... not priced yet... it will be about a month...

But she's not worth much when she's sandskinned during a game I'll tell you that much...;)

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

shes really fun to play though, If anything she draws out the removal spells from your opponents hand.

E

EricBess

Yeah, but let's be realistic. All she has is little kid value right now. There are too many Astral Slides (and similar effects) out there right now for her to be really good. Perhaps you can sideboard her in against certain matchups.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Oh yeah, she is complete crap in Type 2. She fits well into my casual mono black deck though, which is all that really counts in my book.

D

DÛke

I'd either keep it as an antiquity...
Sell it as quickly as possible while it still worth the trouble...
Or, most likely, burn it outside so as to melt ice on the driveway...

W

whiteknight11

Would you like a cookie for that, or maybe a chocolate bar. I guess it is rare that you pull one so congrats :cool: If it was foil you would have something to be proud of, but phage isnt really as hot as my insane Mox Pearl that is in the mail...Its still cool though.

-whiteknight11

I

Istanbul

Perhaps because it's coming to him because he's traded for it?

Phage is cute and all, but...the BBBB in her casting cost and the problem with reanimating her suggests that she's good in mono-black only...and mono-black decks these days are more control than anything else.

White loves Phage. Slide, Wrath, Pacifism, Sandskin...it's got a million and one ways to deal with Phage.
Green just blocks her with some fat beast.
Blue counters her, steals her, bounces her, or does one of blue's many tricks.
Red just blasts her to kingdom come.
Black casts Chainer's Edict, Mutilate, or even Cruel Revival.

Phage is very much a Timmy card. People just aren't sure about that fact yet...but it IS a fact.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

White plays Humility, uses Dry Spell, cheaps her out, then disenchants Humility, going for the kill.

Blue:
False Demises/Shade's Forms Phage, Donates here then offs her somehow. Come on, this is Black we're talkin' about.

<SWAT!>

Black plays her out with its 1337 m4n4 g3tt1n sk1llz, gives her fear (or swampwalk), then swings away.

Red plays Book Burning, Cabal Rituals twice, then plays her early, finishing off with a Dirge of Dread or "creatures can't block" card as early as turn 4.

In extended, this is doable:

CRx2
Phage
M
S
Book Burning
Cursed Flesh (Sure, she's a 3/3 now, but that first 3 may as well be infinity)

in 4th turn. 3rd turn if Anger is in the graveyard.

Green plays Steely Resolve (legend/minion, used to keep her out of jail) and Taunting Elf/Lure, uses ITS 1337 m4n4 g3tt1n sk1llz, then diverts all attention away from her (or toward, if you want to clear the field instead). Good game. Trample doesn't hurt either.

NOW, the challenge is for someone to actually pull off a Phage the Untouchable.

D

DÛke

Shiro, those combos are nice. But they are a little bit below even casual play...

By the time you execute all those moves, you could have finished the opponent with still a casual play, but something less fragile.

A creature that requries that much back up is a terrible creature. Period.

T

train

Cloudscraper... now that's nice...

phage - she's freakin awesome....

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

DÛke: We'll never agree on anything but the most explicitly obvious. Will we? \ _ /

Also, Phage is basically a Stone-Tongue Basilisk with the stakes raised a little and the Threshold ability replaced with a combat-damage-to-player ability.

As per backup:
Teroh's Faithful? (Astral Slide)
Cowardice? (Unnatural)
Sparksmith (COP Red)?

I

Istanbul

Well, if you want a Phage combo, here you go...

Phage the Untouchable + Touch of Invisibility = Disable her NOW, or game over.