I love Blistering Firecat

W

WickedBoy6

...that's all I wanted to say. Love Type II Ball Lightning...

T

theorgg

No strategy for it? Nothing to say about how to use it? Just "I Lovit!"?

Methinks ye missed the point of this forum.

W

WickedBoy6

Yeah, I realized that soon after I posted it. I apologize. Probably was better suited for Off-Topic.

It's hard to come up with good strategies and decks, though. I haven't played in three years, so I don't know much about the standard environment, and I'm sure what strategies I do have, they're already been discovered, like Aluren & any Morph creatures (If the morphed creatures can be brought out by using Aluren. If so, that makes the Firecat more interesting).

Commando Raid & Demoralize seem like good cards for the Firecat, either giving the ability to do more damage to creatures, or just make him unblockable. Doom Cannon looks nice for it (Sac it for 3 damage after it attacks), though you might want to use more Cats in your deck, 'cause only 4 uses for the Cannon seem a bit weak (Maybe Riptide Replicator?)

T

train

Well... I'll help you... the II Ball Lightning goes well with a Goblin sharpshooter and a Goblin Bombardment...

Think about it...

Ping you with the shooter.. attack with II Ball... Sac the II Ball to the GB, shooter untaps and you do it again...

10pts in one turn... that's a closing act!!!...

W

WickedBoy6

Very nice, Train. I may use that combo in my 1.5 Burn.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Methinks I shall write a po-em.

But maybe later.

J

Jigglypuff

I hate the Firecat. I can't get any of them and I get my butt kicked by them all the frickin' time and I also get beat by extremely hot cards like Grinning Demon and Visara and Rorix that everyone except for me has 4 of and I feel like a loser because I can't compete with the sheer power of Onslaught. But it's not like I'm bitter or anything...

Anyway, you can't use Aluren with Morph because you cannot combine alternate costs with each other. You can either play it face-down for {3} or play it for free as an instant (if you could normally).

(- Steve -)

W

WickedBoy6

I had a feeling Aluren/morph creatures wouldn't work. I guess I'll have to settle for my Aluren/Sliver deck.

Train, I'm thinking of building another 1.5 deck, using the cards you have mentioned (Blistering Firecat, Goblin Sharpshooter, Goblin Bombardment, Lifeline). I'll probably add some Ball Lightnings to it, and possibly Skizzik & Ichorid (if I choose to add black).

T

train

That would be cool!...

If you do run black, use it for it's speed: Dark Rituals, Cabal Ritals etc...

That should get you running faster... If you use ichorid - you'll have to run more black creatures to make him more effective than a one time shot... :cool:

W

WickedBoy6

...Which may thin out the deck too much, as I'm already packin' Firecats, Sharpshooters, Bombardments, Balls, possibly Skizzik...Then again, it would give me a good excuse to use Soul Burns & Badlands.

T

train

Instead of the Black for speed - just run Ruby Medallions...

Then you have a 3 casting cost Kitty!!!.... and can play it on 3rd turn, just like a real Ball lightning...

;)

This way - there's no color hosing...

You could run that red dark ritual that just cmae out in Onslaught for added speed... That and the medallions is like running a Flamethrower...

W

WickedBoy6

Sounds good...I'll try experimenting this weekend when I get back from my friend's birthday. I have to say I love building decks more than I actually do playing the darn game (though playing the game is still great fun).

J

Jigglypuff

I love building decks too. I wish mine were good so they could win. Why don't you check out some of my decks in the decks forum? They are pretty good, if I do say so myself. [/blatant plug]

(- Steve -)

W

WickedBoy6

I'll make sure to do so, and once my decks start to win with some consistency, i'll post more of mine up.

R

Rooser

If you're tired of lightnings and kitties in the face, play caltrops. It owns sligh. In case you don't know:

Caltrops
Artifact - 3
Whenever a creature attacks, Caltrops deals 1 damage to it.

Oh, and it's not even a rare, so that should satisfy you grumpy peasants.

OR you could just sit tight with your tundra wolves and laugh at Ball Lightning all day. Until they burn your wolves that is. :D

T

train

That's why Magic Players should wear cups!!!...:D

As for the caltrops... Bash to bits... Demolish... Pillage... Shatter...

Pillage is nice for mono-red... Bye bye monastery or caltrops or any other land or artifact...;)

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Don't you need to sac Goblins for the red ritual? That won't work.

If I were building this type of deck I would stick in another random red creature with morph.
That's why I'm not the one building the decks these days. :)

R

Rooser

I said caltrops owns sligh, not red. Sligh doesn't typically pack control other than burn. A red deck with easy access to artifact kill wouldn't be too annoyed by caltrops anyway because its probably relying on tougher creatures than sligh is. I do understand that things like pillages are an easy sideboard anyway, but hey, I was just offering a solution to the kitty that didn't require you to buy 40 dollars worth of cards, not the be all and end all of controlling artifacts.