I just like seeing my name at the top

• Thread starter Phyrexian Pie-Eater
  • Start date
P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

But really the point of my thread is this: who hear can remember "the good ol days" and what stories can you tell. Bird-Boy and i were talking about this b4...so come on all you old timers and tell the tales to all these yung wipper schnappers.

A

Apollo

I remember...

TomBStones...

Ed talking...

Orange and Black...

Epic battles including mass quantities of orcs, pie, and Magic characters that Multani brought in...

DUke not being here...(they were the good old days!):p

Jackal killing people...

Anyway, here's our slightly strange conversation:

EviIKow: you know i'm one of the few people on the CPA boards who still has a retro nickname and "veteran" status
EviIKow: i just noticed that
Apollo9119: I do
Apollo9119: too
EviIKow: how did we manage that?
Apollo9119: we're too lazy to change it, methinks
EviIKow: lol probably...but we also get that cool "retro" look
Apollo9119: yeah
Apollo9119: we get to be old-timers and talk about the good old days when there was pie for everyone...
EviIKow: yea
EviIKow: but istanbul ate it all...
Apollo9119: sigh
EviIKow: or the fights between doe and duke
EviIKow: or CoW
Apollo9119: yup
EviIKow: and how "we walked up hill both ways to get our moxes thru the snow and hail with no shoes"
Apollo9119: "and sometimes when we got there they were all out of cards and we just had to go home and hope that they had some the next day"
EviIKow: "next day...try next month!"
Apollo9119: "if we were lucky"
EviIKow: yea
EviIKow: and the story of "jonny chaos" tearing up the orb and throwing confetti onto the table to win a match
Apollo9119: hehe
EviIKow: which few players still remember what the orb is....let alone that legand
Apollo9119: that happened to me 14 times...
Apollo9119: back in the day...
EviIKow: yea...
EviIKow: i'm hazing all the newbies
Apollo9119: hehe

D

DÛke

...where do I start...

I guess the only thing that's still really in my mind is way back then...when I used to be a beloved member of MTGnews. We had this huge argument...and it involved one of my best online friends now, Sageridder...and we were on opposing sides too. It was big, it was bad...and it was mean...

...the argument was about a guy who "insulted" Americans...it was a big debate, and I was the only guy defending him. Oooh, I can still see the flames man! That thing resulted in one of my most fiesty-est threads to date: The Final Conclusions of the Long Misunderstanding.

The debate brought me to the CPA...and made me a best friend with Sageridder...up to this day. :)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I seem to vaguely remember these things, but I believe I am a bit to new(only 10 months in the CPA) to get most of them.

I was here for the black and orange, though.

Ransac, cpa trash man

M

Multani

I miss those days. Actually, at the time, in battles I kept on bringing in Magic Gods...but I was immature back then.

Then came the tag game. It was a glorious thing...and the second tag game was pretty cool too, but then it got boring...and another blow hit. Magic Jackal left. It was a sad sad day. :(
Anyway, I remember my first battle in the Battle Arena. It was full of the giants of the CPA in those days. Istanbul, Chaos Turtle, Ophidian, and some others. Also, Magic Jackal had his little killing spree going on then. :D I think Yellowjacket got hit twice! LOL.

But now, the warm comfy Black and Orange messageboard has been replaced with a sterile Blue and White laboratory, filled with evil creations like some of the newer members.

I miss those days. I was so naive back then....
Man I feel like an old man now...(And I'm only 14!)

N

nodnarb24

TAG GUARD

[color="336699"]* Nodnarb24 begins to cry.[/color]

I MISS THE OLD DAYS!!!

Orgg, bring the rock... PIE!... Cake vs. Pie (pie is better)... TAG GUARD game... Great funny wars in the battle arena... parties every other day... Black and Orange color scheme...

So many happy memories! I wish I could travel back in time!

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Originally posted by Ransac
Wow, you were actually immature. cool.
So was I :) (for those of you who think I'm not now)

Pretty much all I saw was the black and orange for about a month, the end of those style battles, and I read the Pie thread once...

I may be newer than most of the people reminiscing here, but I know a thing or two...
For instance, Ransac: TAG GUARD goes at the beginning.

But I came in when the only mention of Magic Jackal was in posts saying that he was the same person as FoR.

Since then, there were...
Those CPA awards
The first blue and white scheme (soon replaced with the second blue and white scheme)
The Sliver Set
The "For You New People: Names" thread which ended up having about 3 different fights in it :)
Many other philosophical discussions
The birthday of the CPA (sometime or other, I don't remember when)
etc...

S

sageridder

AHHHH soothing black and orange,cpa logo lookin like a Freakin supernova.Wondering just what those knuckleheads posting "TAG GUARD" were talking about.Duke's recruiting campain.Yo beast,Remember what I told that guy to go do?HaHaHa.I should have chosen a better way to express myself but I still to this day think he was an arrogant snob,I will not put up with someone talking down to me.;)

D

Darsh

Originally posted by sageridder
AHHHH soothing black and orange,cpa logo lookin like a Freakin supernova.Wondering just what those knuckleheads posting "TAG GUARD" were talking about.Duke's recruiting campain.
True
Going back to the notables....when is the next one? It's in August right? Too bad we can't put the exact date on the CPA calendar...

Z

Zadok001

I feel old. :) I remember the spawning of the Sengir Army on the Dojo boards...

C

Cateran Emperor

TAG GUARD

And ya should feel old too Zadok! :D

Ah, the old games of tag, the monstrous battles in the arena where the multiverse would be utterly annihilated and rebuilt on an hourly basis, and of course I was here for the orange and black.

That's it, new tag game starts now! Who's in for it?

G

Gerode

TAG GUARD

I've been here for 10 months?!? Wow...

What exactly is TAG GUARD, anyway?

A

Apollo

The old tag game! You had to put tag guard at the beginning of each post. If you missed one, the next poster on the thread could "kill" you with their weapon of choice and you would be out of the game. Once there was one person left, he/she/it won.

I've been on some 16 months or so...

D

DÛke

Sageridder:
Duke's recruiting campain.
I never told anyone about the "campain". I just sorta brought most people I like from MTGnews into the CPA. I don't know why I brought you, Sageridder. ;)

Yo beast,Remember what I told that guy to go do?HaHaHa.I should have chosen a better way to express myself but I still to this day think he was an arrogant snob,I will not put up with someone talking down to me.
Hehehe...actually, Sageridder, I think you expressed the natural way. Anyone woulda expressed himself that way, it's natural. I really got mad because you're always nice and calm...and then...hehehe, I guess I discovered another side too fast. :)

Most of my good memories are from MTGnews really...where it feels like a really close gang. It's where I first played Rando's famous RPG, met most of my good Magic friends (and brought most to the CPA :D). Yep, MTGnews was something. Was.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
the Founders (each one) welcoming new members...
theorgg's breechcloth
Waylay and 6th edition "discussions"
When the membership would reach 300
The tag game

Remember, MJ hasn't really left... ;)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
You know, why don't we set the Notables for Early August. I know a lot of people here that won't have access to a computer after that, due to going to college.

Actually, I don't KNOW of any(except myself), but I'm sure that there are more in my situation.

Ransac, cpa trash man