I-5 bridge collapses over Skagit River, no fatalities reported | KING5.com Seattle

Discussion in 'Testing Forum' started by Oversoul, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Oversoul The Tentacled One

For some reason, when I click on the title bar for creating a new thread, which starts out helpfully with the grey words, "Thread Title..." I get a dropdown list of thread titles that my computer remembers having used before. All of them are threads I created here in the past, except one. Haha, well not anymore, because I made it a thread title now. So there you go.

Yeah, this thread doesn't really have a purpose.
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Did you accidently create it as a title before backspacing to put in the true title? I think the forum keeps tracks of those also...
  3. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Well, it ended up there somehow. Presumably because of something I did and not because Firefox or my computer or some other external force is pranking me. I didn't actually create any threads here in the days following the bridge collapse, though. I really have no idea how it got there.
  4. turgy22 Nothing Special

Huh. The only title that comes up for me is "Wizard's Tower Boosters - Turgy22", which wasn't even a thread title, but a conversation.
  5. Oversoul The Tentacled One

6. turgy22 Nothing Special

I'll get right on that.
  7. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Test post. I'm testing here. That's what this board is for anyway. Go away. There's nothing to see here now. I edited over my testing with this nonsense. Why are you still reading this? Stop it now.
  8. turgy22 Nothing Special

Because there were only two new posts when I came here and this was the most interesting one.
  9. Oversoul The Tentacled One

More testing. It's been so long, I wanted to make sure that I was using the right tags. I'm still not sure. Articles can use the quote tag, right?

Edit: I think they can. I seem to remember that...
  10. turgy22 Nothing Special

I don't remember ever using a quote tag in an article, so I would say no. I think if I wanted to quote something, I'd put a line break and use quotation marks.

If you're testing stuff to go on the front page, you probably shouldn't do it here. They're set up very differently. Sadly, the best way to test the front page for stuff is to submit it to Spiderman, see what comes out, and then PM him when the formatting is way off.
  11. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

What turgy22 said. Ed never updated how the front page handles tags when he did the forums.
  12. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Hm, I thought that the quote tag worked because in one of my articles, I tried to use the indent tag to make a block quote, and you said that one didn't work and that you changed it to a quote tag.
  13. turgy22 Nothing Special

Did he have the tag guard on?
    Oversoul likes this.
  14. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Yes, quote tags work. The url tag is the one that's slightly different; unlike here on the forums, you have to surround the actual link with quotes.