Hurricane Ike

B

BigBlue

DarthFerret, I hope you made it through ok...

Why is it so many people think they are smarter than the weather people who tell them to leave? Then we need to risk rescuer's lives trying to save them and spend tax dollars doing it. Easy for me to say in the safety of the Rocky Mountains I suppose... but if they told me to get out because of a Forest Fire, I'd get the hell outta dodge...

D

DarthFerret

I agree with you BB. We were not told to evacuate where I am at. In fact we were told to shelter in place. I went through a bit of explanation in another post. The area around here after the hurricane looked like a war zone.

BTW, after talking with my parents a few times, do not believe a lot of what you are seeing on the news. They are taking some of the really off the wall cases and sensationalizing them. Most of the people in my area have food, shelter, water, and a pretty good temperment. There are a few bad apples, but that is true everywhere.

If you find my other post, you can ask questions and I will answer with what I do know.

The death toll from Hurricane Ike (Totally): 74

The death toll in Texas from Hurricane Ike: 14

Yes things are bad here, trees are down (like at least 20 per city bolck), power is out (for most people) and FEMA is here (Have not seen them, refuse to go to a relief center). However, a lot of the situation is bearable and I wish news agencies would at least get thier stories straight. It would not reduce thier ratings one iota.