how many posts to be a vet?

D

Doombringer

I love this site. This is a great place to discuss magic. And I dearly want to put veteran on my status bar, but how many posts before I can say im a vet? Or is it more to do with how long Ive been around?:(

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You mean how long does it take before you're considered a vet by other people, as opposed to achieving vet status by reaching x amount of posts where the forum software considers you a vet?

It's all subjective, but I'd say around being here 6 months and posting meaningful posts about Magic. Off-Topic doesn't really count and number of posts don't really count.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
And it won't change now that he has customized his title in the profile options page. Still, this would be a spot where our old "Master of the magical orange custom titles" would come in handy.

Zadok, where art thou? :(

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I've got that veteran thingy under my name, I'm pretty sure. So the number of posts must be something lower than that... :rolleyes:

N

Nightstalkers

*walks up to the crowd and straightens his Magic: The Gathering notecards up and begins speaking*

I am here, not standing in your prescence, to propose a revocal of my unvoiced spoken suggestion.

I hereby ask for funding for a new game for the Off Topic forum, one that is new and astounding....

I want to call it "Where in the world is Zadok?"

D

Doombringer

I dont really think I'm a vet yet cause I've only made 70 or so posts, but I have been actively participating for five or so months, Do you guys think I'm close to veteranship?

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
In the forums where the posts count toward your post count. At 79, I'd say you're well above the required total...

You ARE a veteran! :cool:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's what I meant when I said
as opposed to achieving vet status by reaching x amount of posts where the forum software considers you a vet?
Since he changed his title, I assumed he already saw his Vet status under his name. So I thought the question was whether us other users saw him as a "vet" :)

C

conservative_infidel

I'm new to these boards :rolleyes: but I want to express my appreciaction to many who observe quality over quantity. All articluate well and place some thought into their views.

D

Doombringer

tomB, to me my title just says CPA member after I reset it, 30 posts or not. is that supposed to happen? I think thats what I am, I'm not new, but not yet a vet. Just sorta another guy right now.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
You could just end any doubts on the subject and spam the forums. It helps if you have something that you can use over and over in response to anything someone might say. Try building some really cool deck that wins with Dwarven Pony and Relentless Assault, then bringing it up on every thread. Or better yet, pick one of the colors in Magic and antagonize it with everything you've got...

That should increase your post count... :p

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Now I'm confused, I think. I'm not sure what the number is that changes you from a member to a veteran member now...I guess I really never saw the difference before. But, as has already been stated, if you write posts that make sense and aren't offensive your opinions will be respected here regardless of your post count.

We're funny that way...;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
What do you mean by "resetting" your title? What did you do?

It may be that it shows Veteran after the first turnover to 30 posts, but after you mess around with the title and "reset it", it leaves out the Veteran <shrug>

N

Notepad

You can't become a veterinarian by digging post holes. You have to go to school to do that. And the bank gives you money to go to school, which you can instead use on Magic cards. Is this all a scam to get money from the bank for cards?

:confused:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Do you have experience with such endeavors, SeFRo? I would love to hear any information you have on it... ;)

T

train

Most I know about vet work is putting on elbow length gloves and...

nevermind...

:eek:

N

Nightstalkers

Really Train? I used my bare hands after a little sterilization to help birth a pregnant horse.

Not too difficult really.

D

Doombringer

YAY!
After my 100th post my title automatically turned into veteran! I feel so fulfilled!