How does Tetravus's upkeep effect work?

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by Thallid Ice Cream Man, Aug 7, 2001.

1. Thallid Ice Cream Man 21sT CeNTuRy sChIZoId MaN

My understanding is that you could only remove any number of +1/+1 counters from Tetravus once each upkeep, and only put them back one time each upkeep. Is that true?
    I'd assume there is no way to remove them, then put them back, then remove them again, etc.
    I hope there is, because that way my Intruder Alarm/Thopter Squadron deck will get much better, but I doubt it.
  2. Lotus Mox New Member

I'm pretty sure that you can do these things only once each upkeep.
  3. Zadok001 CPA Founder, Greater Good

Text(4th+errata): 1/1, Flying. ; ~this~ comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it. ; At the beginning of your upkeep, you may remove any number of +1/+1 counters from ~this~. For each +1/+1 counter removed this way, put a 1/1 Tetravite artifact creature with flying into play. Tetravites can't be enchanted. You may also sacrifice any number of Tetravites, regardless of who controls them. For each Tetravite sacrificed this way, put a +1/+1 counter on ~this~. [Oracle 99/09/03]

That's one triggered effect at the beginning of your upkeep. So you can only do all your sacking and removing in one lump effect. Once a turn for the whole effect.