Houston, we had a problem.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Well, to be blunt--that really sucked. The boards we're supposed to be routinely update for the Y2K issue. But, at the same time, our domain was being moved to another server, which caused more screw ups. Then, after we got this working, I forgot I left 3 lines of code in, that weren't supposed to be there. That deleted all the .ubb files (they store the thread info). Luckily, we still had the HTML files, so I spent 5 or so hours writing a script to grab all the info from the HTML file and put it in a .ubb file. Of course, I also had to change the -99 to -1999 and -100 to -2000, and I wrote a script for that too. But, it was too intensive for a server, so it wouldn't run. So I had to download all 400 or so HTML files and run the scripts locally, then reupload all 400 .ubb files and 400 HTML files. But, now its fixed--it better be.

Oh yeah, one more thing. On the "thread list" page, the threads actually have one less reply than is listed there. I accidently listed the amount of posts (including the first one).

-mike

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Mike, we sure are lucky to have you. Thank you for all your hard work once again! :D

TomB
CPA Member

D

Dune Echo

YOU'RE A GOD MIKE! Thanks, dude. Where the heck would we be without our techy guy?

T

theorgg

<bows before the demigod of the CPA>

were not wurthy!
we're not worthy!

-actually, were just greatful. WOW!
that's amazing.
I wish I knew html...

I mean, WOW!!

ed, you are great. the greatest, man. it's getting into a praise-rant, so I'll bugger off now...

Ferret

Staff member
Nice work, Mike. As always, you're doing great work. It looks like our momentum's up again...

-ferret

"...moving at the speed of life..."

I

Ihsans Shade

HOLY SHIT!(pardon) but whoa man. You rambeled off more stuff about this board than I have posted under both names.

I am...
Ihsan's Shade
All bow down to mike.
So that's what was wrong.