Hey Rokapoke!

turgy22

Nothing Special
How about them bears!

Hahahahahahaha!

I don't know why Lauren wouldn't post that on Facebook for me. I guess she finds my sense of humor unbearable.

For those out of the loop, Rokapoke's got a bear cub poking around his backyard. After coming up with the perfect comment, I had to share it somewhere and sending an email just seemed too old fashioned. Thanks for bearing with me.

:D

Oh yeah, also, what are you going to do about it? You should probably call wildlife management or parks services before it does some damage.

R

rokapoke

Okay, okay, yeah, it was pretty crazy. But I have two corrections:

1. It was not in our backyard at home; we were on vacation with my parents and were at the house they were renting in the mountains of West Virginia.
2. It wasn't actually a cub. My dad and I spotted a family of three the next day, and this one (see picture) was much closer in size to the Mama bear than the cubs.

Either way, it was pretty crazy.

Attachments

turgy22

Nothing Special
Oh well that's not so bad. I just saw the picture and received a second-hand explanation about the situation.

West Virginia clearly needs a few of these:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Bear Mountain, come forget your cares.
Where honey is the currency, a mountain full of bears.
Bear Mountain, the mayor's young and bold.
He rules them with an iron fist and a heart of gold.

R

rokapoke

I dunno, that guy in the picture looks eerily like Ransac...

turgy22

Nothing Special
I thought Ransac looked more like the bear.

Honestly, I can't even tell them apart.

Quick, someone with Photoshop skills: put some Magic cards on that picnic table!

T

train

Where's the Caller of the Claw when you need one?!!!...

And the next time you invite one over to the house you're in Rokapoke - you could at least let them use the front door... ;-)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man, I just read one of those "odd" newstories about a bear cub who had a plastic bag stuck on its head for 10 days before wildlife management managed to get it off and thought it was this also...