Hermit Druid History

Melkor

So I dropped off the face of the Magic playing earth for a year or so, and now I'm playing a little bit again. I went and checked the old banned and restricted list, and one of my old friends Hermit Druid was banned in extended. Now, I always had a soft spot for the guy, but I never really thought that one day he'd be banned. I was just wondering if someone could tell me about the time when Hermit Druids ruled the earth? I would assume that some sort of combo with a new card emerged, but it would be really nice to get some details. Thanks a bunch.

T

train

Aside from replenish, and some new cycles with stuff like crucible of worlds...

Druid was a great guy - I think he still is... but he can turn something upside down too quickly...

He could even bring about the new animate worldgorger combo...:eek: without the bazaar of baghdad...:eek:

:cool:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Wasn't it the synergy with Anger/Sutured Ghoul that got the Druid banned from Crapxtended format?

M

Mikeymike

Originally posted by Oversoul
Wasn't it the synergy with Anger/Sutured Ghoul that got the Druid banned from Crapxtended format?
Yup

Druid would hit the board, often on turn 1 with a Mox Diamond. On Turn 2 you'd activate it: putting Sutured Ghould, Anger, and a whole mess of big fatties in the GY...followed up by a Reanimate.

20+/20+ trampling hasted monster on turn 2. Tough to handle.

T

train

That was the article WoTC wrote right?... I remember it mentioning that, but don't remember if that was the only reason...:)