help with recurring B/W deck

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

the main idea is to just monkey around with your opponent and have a full non combat strategy to winning

white creatures to sac:
martyr of sands - gain x3 life
kami of false hope - fog
children of korlis - gain life
promise of bunrei - 4 1/1's

recovery:
2 krovikan rot 1BB kill recover
proclamation of rebirth - reanimate 3 1ccs
sun's bounty - recover gain life
haunted crossroads
oversold cemetery

black sac:
gutless ghoul
bile urchin
cabal therapy
infections host
grim harvest
carrion feeder

options:
culling the weak

tragic poet - gets enchantment, arrest
tallowisp -

enchantments:
casting of bones - 2B when ec dies, draw 3 discard 1
chime of night 1B - when dies, destroy a cr
crown of suspicioun - mass weenie kill
mark of the oni
shades form
endbringers revel
field of souls 2WW/last laugh

here are some fun tricks

1.play lingering death on their creature, play chime of night on yours..
they attack, you sac a creature with an effect (kami to fog, children to snuff damage) at that point 2 creatures of theirs die

if you happen to have a recover card, you could get 4 life and a creature.

2. play tragic poet fetching chime of night/lingering death/ crown of suspicion
If done correctly you could destroy 2-3 creatures a turn while you simply keep gaining life and dealing 1-3 damage here and there.

3. with a gutless ghoul in play, play mark of the oni on their creature, say darksteel, pay 1 to sac the creature, pay 1B to bring back the poet to hand poet, play poet next turn fetching either a cr kill or crippling enchantment

4. at the beginning of your turn oversold cemetary triggers, fetching back bile urchin, play it, sac it, pay,3BW to gain 4 life and bring back children/kami

5. play kami, play shades form on kami, get 2 turns to play a nasty enchantment on either their or your creature

6. You have a carrion feeder in play, last laugh in play,
and 2 other creatures. play promise of bunrei, sacrifice one creature, 4 emerge, 1 damage floating hits carrion unless you sacrifice the tokens, sac all 4 to make him, play a children and sac to gain back all the life. If oversold is in play fetch what you need, otherwise play proclamation of rebirth to get back tragic poet/ children/kami, etc...

i think even though its a bunch of 1/1s i think the cockroach factor is HUGE.
and it gets going fast.. could potentially wipe a turn 1 darksteel colossus..

turn 1 kami, turn 2 carrion, sac kami to stop damage, turn 3 play mark of the oni on colossus..etc.\

what do you guys think?

T

train

I like the build overall... my favorite for this type of play is abyssal gatekeeper...

Might I suggest running it with something like a Zuran orb/enduring renewal type of play...

The gatekeeper/renewal is a killer... ;)

you can do the same with ravenous rats, etc...

L

Limited

Did you see the thread about my Martyr of Sands deck? It has a bit more stall-cards, but its basically the same deck.

Did you build this deck? How did it perform?