Help w/ fading text

Discussion in 'Testing Forum' started by The Magic Jackal, Aug 14, 2000.

1. The Magic Jackal Veteran CPA Member<BR><font co

i just noticed the fading text. Could someone give me a crash course on how to use it? Thanks!
  2. Fire Slinger Vetern CPA Member Pyromananic

You'll need to PM Griffith. She did mine and I'm still trying to figure out how to do it myself.
  3. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

The basic idea is that you need the HEX code for each color (not the name) and put it in for each letter. As Fire Slinger said, Griffith_se is the master but if you do a search either here or in Suggestion you might be able to find a couple posts that spell out how to do it.
  4. dw51688 The Mad Scientist

I am confused

[color="#ff820"]what is this stuff?[/color]
  5. dw51688 The Mad Scientist

this is
    so complicated
    can [color="#faf60"]you[/color] explain itin simpler terms Griffith? I can't really do this, I just copied and pasted!
  6. Jaws10387 Hiding

TAG GUARD

Hey Dennis i thought you were one of the smart kids at our school!:p You can't really make it any easier. At least i don't think you can.
  7. dw51688 The Mad Scientist

It is because i lost my scientific calculator and I have to do this Hex crap in my freaking head that has already been damaged by you JONATHAN!!!!!!
  8. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

What exactly don't you understand? The color chart? How to do colors in the first place (the ubb code)?
  9. Jaws10387 Hiding

TAG GUARD

What is hex? 7th grade math won't help me with this one.
  10. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Did you ever get someone to explain it to you yet?

If not, hex is basically BASE 16. We usually count in BASE 10.

base 10 : 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
    base 16: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F

So the base 10 number 30 in base 16 is 1E (not FF). Why? because like in base 10 you have the ones column, the 10s column, the 100 column, etc, in base 16 you have the 1 column, the 16 column, the 256 column...

So 16 goes into 30 1 times, hence the 1.
    Remainder 14, hence the E.

1E.

Confused? ;)