Hello. Guess this is the first I've really been here since Mirrodin...

• Thread starter Thallid Ice Cream Man
  • Start date
T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I wasn't as interested in Magic in, say, 2001-2003, as I had been before, esp. around Urza and Masques blocks. 7th edition and Odyssey had underwhelmed and annoyed me (I still hate 7th... **** the whole Paladin thing), and with a move from Maryland to Massachusetts, leaving all my friends and shoving my card boxes into crawlspaces, and the card frame change and Mirrodin crap etc. etc. etc... Alex didn't care about Magic people. Anyway there was little to no need to buy cards, with Apprentice letting me play online with one of my old friends and no new ones who played in MA.

But Time Spiral got me back in. I've dug out most of my old card boxes (still haven't found where we stashed one of them). In a draft on Thursday I actually won games against people other than school friends or my brother (they were still younger than I though).

Anyone broken Haakon, Stromgald Scourge + Aluren + Court Hussar yet? :)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
TICM!!!!! It's about time that you came back!!!!!!!!!!!....

Up for a game of Tag Guard? :D

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I don't know if he's lurking or something, but it's been two weeks since his last post, so not sure if he's actually back... :(

T

Tabasco

Lurk Lurker Lurk

I lurk from time to time...I have been busy with competitive magic...Tomorrow (Friday) I play FNM (Type 2), then Saturday I play Extended, then Sunday I play Type 1 (Vintage) So I really have a weekend full of magic.

Nice to see you back TICM!!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Tabasco: I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'm not sure you'll see it anywhere else... I'll split it out and move it if it goes on.

I'm curious: How well do you do? Do you see the same people at your tourneys? What decks do you play - are there a certain few or does it depend on the metagame?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Ransac said:
I saw we take all of the lurkers and shoot them in the foot...........
Well, I guess the lurkers had better watch out for this "we" character. He sounds dangerous...

A

Aku Necromancer

Spiderman said:
Tabasco: I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'm not sure you'll see it anywhere else... I'll split it out and move it if it goes on.

I'm curious: How well do you do? Do you see the same people at your tourneys? What decks do you play - are there a certain few or does it depend on the metagame?
He does very well, usually wins.

Sorry, was lurking, wanted to make my presence known :rolleyes:

A

Aku Necromancer

Ive only gone to two tournaments with Tabasco. I saw mostly familar faces and some new ones as well. I play Dragonstorm and have been tinkering around with a Mishra deck as of late, considering posting it in the deck forum, maybe could receive some outside help.

Not all of us have left the scene :)

A

Aku Necromancer

More or less, its wierd coming back here periodically seeing a lot of familar names.

Killer Joe

ademis22
Almindhra
Apollo
arhar
artifact
Azreal the Soulmaster
Bob
Cateran Emperor
Chaos Turtle
Duel
DUke