Helcomb County Municipal Lake Dredge Appraisal

Discussion in 'Casual Decks/Variants/Etc' started by Oversoul, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Finally, I've updated this deck again. This time, it's a major overhaul and even a name change. The Gitrog Monster is just that big of a deal. So I'm on version 4.0 and calling this...

Gitrog County Municipal Lake Dredge Appraisal Starring Karador, Ghost Chieftain

Commander
    1x Karador, Ghost Chieftain

Creatures
    1x Abyssal Gatekeeper
    1x Angel of Despair
    1x Ashen Rider
    1x Avacyn's Pilgrim
    1x Birds of Paradise
    1x Carrion Feeder
    1x Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
    1x Emeria Shepherd
    1x Eternal Witness
    1x False Prophet
    1x Fauna Shaman
    1x Fleshbag Marauder
    1x Gaddock Teeg
    1x Ghoultree
    1x Golgari Brownscale
    1x Golgari Grave-Troll
    1x Golgari Thug
    1x Graveblade Marauder
    1x Greater Mossdog
    1x Iona, Shield of Emeria
    1x Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord
    1x Karmic Guide
    1x Knight of the Reliquary
    1x Llanowar Elves
    1x Lord of Extinction
    1x Mikaeus, the Unhallowed
    1x Nighthowler
    1x Nissa, Vastwood Seer
    1x Phyrexian Delver
    1x Phyrexian Ghoul
    1x Putrid Imp
    1x Qasali Pridemage
    1x Reveillark
    1x Reya Dawnbringer
    1x Riftsweeper
    1x Saffi Eriksdotter
    1x Shambling Shell
    1x Sheoldred, Whispering One
    1x Sidisi, Undead Vizier
    1x Splinterfright
    1x Spore Frog
    1x Stinkweed Imp
    1x Sun Titan
    1x The Gitrog Monster
    1x Triskelion
    1x Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter
    1x Weathered Wayfarer
    1x Wild Mongrel
    1x Wurmcoil Engine

Enchantments
    1x Survival of the Fittest

Artifacts
    1x Sol Ring

Sorceries
    1x Buried Alive
    1x Demonic Tutor
    1x Dread Return
    1x Life from the Loam
    1x Regrowth
    1x Spider Spawning
    1x Unburial Rites

Instants
    1x Darkblast
    1x Entomb
    1x Gnaw to the Bone
    1x Krosan Reclamation
    1x Pull from Eternity

Lands
    1x Barren Moor
    1x Bayou
    1x Bazaar of Baghdad
    1x Command Tower
    1x Dakmor Salvage
    1x Dark Depths
    1x Dryad Arbor
    1x Flagstones of Trokair
    2x Forest
    1x Gaea's Cradle
    1x Golgari Rot Farm
    1x Mana Confluence
    1x Marsh Flats
    1x Maze of Ith
    1x Miren, the Moaning Well
    1x Mutavault
    1x Orzhov Basilica
    2x Plains
    1x Sandsteppe Citadel
    1x Savannah
    1x Scrubland
    1x Secluded Steppe
    1x Selesnya Sanctuary
    1x Strip Mine
    2x Swamp
    1x Thespian's Stage
    1x Tranquil Thicket
    1x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    1x Verdant Catacombs
    1x Vesuva
    1x Volrath's Stronghold
    1x Wasteland
    1x Windswept Heath

Changelog...

+Emeria Shepherd: This isn't a landfall deck and it doesn't have a ton of plains cards, but Emeria Shepherd has a lot of potential anyway.
    +False Prophet: I'm including more sacrifice outlets, which makes this look like a tempting board clear.
    +Graveblade Marauder: Nothing too special, but as the game goes on, opponents are compelled to block this or lose massive life.
    +Nissa, Vastwood Seer: The five Origins planeswalkers give me a chance to play planeswalkers in this deck that I can actually get out of my graveyard pretty easily. Trying out Nissa for now, since she has such nice utility. But I've got my eye on Liliana as well.
    +Phyrexian Ghoul: A classic sacrifice outlet that I should have thrown in long ago.
    +Putrid Imp: Trying to employ more discard outlets.
    +Riftsweeper: In conjunction with Peel from Eternity, this can recur all of my exiled stuff as the game goes on. This weakly counteracts graveyard hate by opponents, but the real boon is grabbing my used flashback spells.
    +Sidisi, Undead Vizier: Demonic Tutor on a creature that doubles as a sacrifice outlet? Yes, please.
    +The Gitrog Monster: So much synergy in one package. Even if this wasn't a 6/6 deathtouch body, even if it didn't function as an Exploration, the card-drawing ability would be good enough to include the card in this deck. This turns dredging into an explosive loop and give the deck easier access to combos. Because of that, I'm reworking the whole deck to make better use of this card.
    +Wild Mongrel: Discard outlet, and a very good one.

-Apprentice Necromancer: It worked well enough and might go back in, but it was a backup and I'm hoping not to need it.
    -Dark Confidant: Powerful, to be sure, but I don't think that this is the deck for it.
    -Siege Rhino: I'm trying to combo out, and this doesn't do much. I might be making a mistake by trimming too much defense from this deck. We'll see.
    -Spirit of the Hearth: In the right environment, this might be valuable. I didn't get much use out of it.
    -Sylvan Library: This was a borderline case in the old deck, since it synergized with dredgers and helped the deck be more explosive. Easily surpassed by The Gitrog Monster.
    -Crucible of Worlds: I reluctantly cut some cards that were dead weight in the graveyard. Still not sure this is the right move.
    -Worm Harvest: Too slow for this deck. In a Loam-based deck that didn't focus on other dredging and played more of a control game, this would make sense.
    -Boneyard Wurm: I had too many blockers that didn't do anything. It was this or Ghoultree. I'm tentatively cutting this because by the time it became big enough to matter, I didn't need a vanilla blocker.
    -Kessig Cagebreakers: The coolest token-generator in the deck and I'm hesitant to cut it, but my deck just doesn't have a good way to take advantage of it.
  2. Oversoul The Tentacled One

I got some new options with Eldritch Moon, most notably Noose Constrictor, but I've also added Splendid Reclamation. Wanting to get Liliana in the deck, I made new updates. Here's version 4.1...

Commander:

Creatures:
    1x Abyssal Gatekeeper
    1x Angel of Despair
    1x Ashen Rider
    1x Avacyn's Pilgrim
    1x Birds of Paradise
    1x Blood Pet
    1x Caller of the Claw
    1x Carrion Feeder
    1x Eternal Witness
    1x False Prophet
    1x Fauna Shaman
    1x Fleshbag Marauder
    1x Gaddock Teeg
    1x Ghoultree
    1x Golgari Brownscale
    1x Golgari Grave-Troll
    1x Golgari Thug
    1x Greater Mossdog
    1x Karmic Guide
    1x Liliana, Heretical Healer
    1x Llanowar Elves
    1x Lord of Extinction
    1x Nighthowler
    1x Noose Constrictor
    1x Phyrexian Delver
    1x Phyrexian Ghoul
    1x Qasali Pridemage
    1x Reveillark
    1x Reya Dawnbringer
    1x Riftsweeper
    1x Saffi Eriksdotter
    1x Shambling Shell
    1x Sidisi, Undead Vizier
    1x Spore Frog
    1x Stinkweed Imp
    1x Sun Titan
    1x The Gitrog Monster
    1x Triskelion
    1x Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter
    1x Weathered Wayfarer
    1x Wild Mongrel
    1x Wurmcoil Engine

Lands:
    1x Barren Moor
    1x Bayou
    1x Bazaar of Baghdad
    1x Canopy Vista
    1x Command Tower
    1x Dakmor Salvage
    1x Dark Depths
    1x Dryad Arbor
    1x Flagstones of Trokair
    2x Forest
    1x Gaea's Cradle
    1x Golgari Rot Farm
    1x Mana Confluence
    1x Marsh Flats
    1x Maze of Ith
    1x Miren, the Moaning Well
    1x Orzhov Basilica
    2x Plains
    1x Sandsteppe Citadel
    1x Savannah
    1x Scrubland
    1x Secluded Steppe
    1x Selesnya Sanctuary
    1x Strip Mine
    2x Swamp
    1x Thespian's Stage
    1x Tranquil Thicket
    1x Urborg, Tomb of YawgmothCN
    1x Verdant Catacombs
    1x Vesuva
    1x Volrath's Stronghold
    1x Wasteland
    1x Windswept Heath

Sorceries:
    1x Demonic Tutor
    1x Dread Return
    1x Life from the Loam
    1x Regrowth
    1x Spider Spawning
    1x Splendid Reclamation
    1x Unburial Rites

Instants:
    1x Darkblast
    1x Entomb
    1x Gnaw to the Bone
    1x Krosan Reclamation
    1x Pull from Eternity

Artifacts:
    1x Crucible of Worlds
    1x Sol Ring

Enchantments:

Changelog...

-Graveblade Marauder: This deck isn't built for aggression.
    -Nissa, Vastwood Seer: I'm only running two basic forests, and her planeswalker form is mediocre for the investment.
    -Mutavault: I never found myself taking advantage of this, so it was practically a Wastes. Colored mana is more important than corner case man-land stuff.
    -Emeria Shepherd: Slower than my other creature recursion tools, and this deck isn't really built to take advantage of this card's landfall ability.
    -Buried Alive: A fine card and an old favorite of mine. Using this to set up a combo is telegraphing my gameplan, which isn't a dealbreaker by itself, but is concerning. More importantly, the mana cost was often making this my only play for the turn, and if it's dredged away, this is the least promising card for recursion in the deck.
    -Putrid Imp: Discard outlets are key for The Gitrog Monster, but the printing of Noose Constrictor takes room and Putrid is moving over in exchange.
    -Splinterfright: A very reluctant cut, which might eventually be reversed. Splinterfright is good, and certainly better in this deck than Boneyard Wurm or Lhurgoyf. But as an ordinary three-drop, if I need one, it's bad. And once my deck gets going, Splinterfright isn't very useful.

+Noose Constrictor: Even better than Wild Mongrel. While Eldritch Moon doesn't have a lot of cards that fit this deck, Noose Constrictor is an excellent inclusion.
    +Splendid Reclamation: It's a one-sided Planar Birth that works on nonbasics! I've been looking into ways to get more use out of lands in my graveyard, and this new card pushes that concept to the extreme. While this can't be cast from my graveyard, it's worth it.
    +Liliana, Heretical Healer: In reality, this was intended to go into the deck for the previous update, but I didn't actually own the card at the time, so I put Nissa in instead. I fully expect Liliana to be a superstar here. Transforming her is easy, both of her main abilities are useful, and she can be cast from my graveyard.
    +Canopy Vista: Another card I'd planned to add, but didn't own when I wrote the previous update.
    +Crucible of Worlds: It's back in! While my focus on trimming non-creature, non-land cards that don't have built-in self recursion was sensible, some exceptions can be made, and this one is worthwhile.
    +Caller of the Claw: This is another attempt at the token-making shenanigans I tried with Kessig Cage Breakers. Wolves weren't working out, but maybe bears can do the trick?
    +Blood Pet: Testing has shown many situations in which loops can't reach a threatening state until I have more mana. This is cheap mana, and in loops, could be infinite mana.
  3. Terentius The Instigator

I went through the cards in more detail, and what I'm seeing are you can pretty much always have Karador out due to dredging, Gitrog lets you draw a bunch with dredging, and you've trimmed the deck to have dredge things that are useful when not dredged, good reanimation effects and targets, good cards that put things into the graveyard, and get cards back from the graveyard. Are there any highly repeatable or infinite combos? Or are you otherwise able to get many spells/permanents out in one turn? If so, what are the combo-enablers?

I would suggest Songs of the Damned, but it won't help much on its own if it gets dredged.
  4. Oversoul The Tentacled One

I'm a big fan of Songs of the Damned, but I've hardly ever used it in any of my decks. I do have it with Exsanguinate as the kill mechanism in my current Fluctuator deck, but that's been about it for a long, long time. I do think it's very cool and underappreciated card.

Well, this deck is about to get an update, so when it comes to combos I'll definitely have more soon. In particular, I want more sac outlets. I'll also be including Academy Rector, Boonweaver Giant, Pattern of Rebirth, Fiend Hunter, and Protean Hulk.

This deck has evolved considerably since 2014. I originally wanted to just make a dredge-focused deck, getting good value out of my graveyard and taking over the board. The deck technically always had the capacity to go infinite, but at first it was only a few specific interactions and unless the game ran long or I got very lucky, they wouldn't come up. As I tuned the deck, I didn't explicitly set out to add more infinite combos, but that did end up happening on its own. Powerful interactions include...

Mikaeus, the Unhallowed + Triskelion (infinite damage)
    Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord + Lord of Extinction (my graveyard quickly becomes huge, so it's realistic for Jarad to smack my opponents for 30 to 70 life loss off one Lord of Extinction)
    The Gitrog Monster + Noose Constrictor (any free discard outlet lets me discard my own dredgers, allowing me to dredge them back and get more draw triggers off the lands that they hit, dumping my library chunk by chunk into my graveyard)

But things get even more interesting once I have any sac outlet that lets me repeatedly kill my own creatures for free, such as Carrion Feeder or Vish Kal. With a sac outlet, there are all sorts of combinations that create infinite loops. I'll post some examples soon...
  5. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Example 1
    Get Protean Hulk out somehow (alongside a sac outlet), perhaps with Unburial Rites. Sac Protean Hulk and fetch Karmic Guide, then use Karmic Guide's ability to bring Protean Hulk back. Sac Protean Hulk again and fetch Fiend Hunter and Saffi Eriksdotter, then use Fiend Hunter to exile Karmic Guide. Sac Fiend Hunter, which causes Karmic Guide to come back, then use Karmic Guide's ability to bring back Protean Hulk. Activate Saffi targeting Protean Hulk. Sac Protean Hulk and fetch Mikaeus, then Saffi's ability brings Protean Hulk back. Sac Protean Hulk and fetch Triskelion. Ping everyone else to death with Triskelion.

Example 2
    Get Academy Rector out somehow (could pretty easily just hardcast it) alongside a sac outlet and some at least one other creature. Sac Rector, then use Rector's ability to fetch Pattern of Rebirth and attach it to another creature. Sac the creature enchanted by Pattern of Rebirth, then use Pattern of Rebirth to fetch Boonweaver Giant, which pulls Pattern of Rebirth out of the graveyard and onto itself. Sac Boonweaver Giant, then use Pattern of Rebirth to fetch Karmic Guide, which brings back Boonweaver Giant and then Pattern of Rebirth comes along for the ride again. Sac Boonweaver Giant and have Pattern of Rebirth fetch Saffi Eriksdotter. Activate Saffi's ability targeting Karmic Guide. Sac Karmic Guide, then Saffi's ability brings back Karmic Guide, which brings back Boonweaver Giant, which brings back Pattern of Rebirth. Sac Boonweaver Giant and have Pattern of Rebirth fetch Reveillark. Sac Karmic Guide, then sac Reveillark and have Reveillark bring back Saffi Eriksdotter and Karmic Guide, with Karmic Guide's ability bringing back Boonweaver Giant, which brings back Pattern of Rebirth. Sac Boonweaver Giant and have Pattern of Rebirth fetch Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter. From now on, use Vish Kal as the sac outlet so that it keeps gaining +1/+1 counters. Activate Saffi targeting Karmic Guide. Sac Karmic Guide, then Saffi's ability brings back Karmic Guide, and Karmic Guide's ability brings back Reveillark. Sac Karmic Guide. Sac Reveillark, bringing back Saffi and Karmic Guide, then use Karmic Guide to bring back Reveillark. Activate Saffi targeting Reveillark. Sac Karmic Guide. Sac Reveillark, which bring back Saffi and Karmic Guide, then Saffi's ability brings back Reveillark and Karmic Guide's ability brings back Boonweaver Giant, which brings back Pattern of Rebirth. Sac Boonweaver Giant and use Pattern of Rebirth to fetch Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord. Activate Saffi targeting Reveillark. Sac Karmic Guide. Sac Reveillark, which brings back Saffi and Karmic Guide, then Saffi's ability brings back Reveillark and Karmic Guide's ability brings back Boonweaver Giant, which brings back Pattern of Rebirth. Sac the Giant and have Pattern fetch Blood Pet. Sac Blood Pet for a black mana. Activate Saffi targeting Reveillark. Sac Karmic Guide. Sac Reveillark, which brings back Saffi and Karmic Guide, then Saffi's ability brings back Reveillark and Karmic Guide's ability brings back Blood Pet. Sac Blood Pet for a second black mana. Activate Saffi targeting Reveillark. Sac Karmic Guide. Sac Reveillark, which brings back Saffi and Karmic Guide, then Saffi's ability brings back Reveillark and Karmic Guide's ability brings back Boonweaver Giant, which brings back Pattern of Rebirth. Sac Giant and have Pattern fetch Wall of Roots. Activate Wall of Roots for a green mana. Activate Saffi targeting Karmic Guide, then sac Karmic Guide and bring back Saffi, with Saffi's ability bringing back Karmic Guide. Loop activating Saffi to bring back Karmic Guide, sacrificing Karmic Guide to Vish Kal, and having Karmic Guide bring back Saffi over and over again, to put an arbitrarily large number of +1/+1 counters on Vish Kal. Use the mana from Blood Pet and Wall of Roots to activate Jarad's ability, sacrificing Vish Kal to make all my opponents lose eleventy billion life or whatever.

Example 3
    I have Karador, a sac outlet, and a big graveyard, but can't see a way to win this turn because a key combo component is stuck in my hand. I use Karador to play Body Snatcher from my graveyard, getting that pesky combo component out of my hand. Uh, let's go with Sun Titan. It was Sun Titan. Well, if my opponents don't do anything to stop me, then at the end of my last opponent's turn, I sac Body Snatcher and use its ability to bring back Sun Titan, then have Sun Titan's ability bring back Saffi Eriksdotter. I activate Saffi targeting Sun Titan, then sacrifice Sun Titan, which comes back and then brings Saffi back too. I loop them eleventy billion times and then switch to using Sun Titan's ability to bring back Caller of the Claw, which makes an incomprehensibly large army of bears. Then my turn happens and I use the bears to kill my opponents.
  6. Shabbaman insert avatar here

I'm currently impressed by the work Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest is pulling off in my (outside the colors otherwise incomparable Glissa deck. If you have something like Pawn of Ulamog it's a nice alternative to go wide (with a lot of tokens) and pump them with Mazirek. Alternatively, exploit Persist creatures like the aforementioned Puppeteer Clique.
  7. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Yeah, I'm definitely rethinking Persist guys more, now that I'm focusing so much on sacrifice loops. Mazirek is certainly the sort of card that could have strong interactions in any black/green deck that sacrifices its own stuff. My deck was envisioned as a "start dredging right away and have a deck full of cards that can quickly and powerfully be used from my graveyard" and now is definitely leaning on creature-sacrificing loops. Mazirek (or Pawn of Ulamog) are powerful considerations depending on how I want the balance to tip, and right now I'm not sure...
  8. Terentius The Instigator

You must make a lot of friends with that second combo chain :rolleyes:.
  9. Oversoul The Tentacled One

So I'd hoped by now to have completed my next update of this deck, but I'm holding off a bit longer. At first, this was just a matter of buying a few cards I didn't actually own or own copies of that I wanted to use for this deck (at least two cards under consideration for addition were ones that I owned, but only in Event decks, which I'd rather not break up). But the weeks dragged on. I made a little progress, and then Ramunap Excavator was spoiled, and it's kind of a big deal for this deck. In the past, I've waffled on Crucible of Worlds, because playing lands from my graveyard is powerful in a deck that can dump its own graveyard, but non-creature artifacts are also weak slots in this deck because they get dredged away and sit in my graveyard doing nothing. So I won't finalize my next round of changes until I can get my hands on a copy of Ramunap Excavator.
  10. Terentius The Instigator

Any good Eternalize cards from Hour of Devastation coming up?

EDIT: This question is predicated on my understanding that your deck can use cards with Eternalize that get dredged away. This could be inaccurate.
  11. Oversoul The Tentacled One

At long last, the deck has a new update. I present Version 5.0: an overhaul of Hulking proportions...

Commander

Creatures
    1x Abyssal Gatekeeper
    1x Academy Rector
    1x Apprentice Necromancer
    1x Ashen Rider
    1x Avacyn's Pilgrim
    1x Birds of Paradise
    1x Blood Pet
    1x Body Snatcher
    1x Boonweaver Giant
    1x Caller of the Claw
    1x Carrion Feeder
    1x Eternal Witness
    1x False Prophet
    1x Fauna Shaman
    1x Fiend Hunter
    1x Fleshbag Marauder
    1x Gaddock Teeg
    1x Golgari Brownscale
    1x Golgari Grave-Troll
    1x Golgari Thug
    1x Greater Mossdog
    1x Karmic Guide
    1x Llanowar Elves
    1x Lord of Extinction
    1x Massacre Wurm
    1x Mindslicer
    1x Nantuko Husk
    1x Noose Constrictor
    1x Phyrexian Delver
    1x Phyrexian Ghoul
    1x Protean Hulk
    1x Qasali Pridemage
    1x Ramunap Excavator
    1x Reclamation Sage
    1x Reveillark
    1x Reya Dawnbringer
    1x Riftsweeper
    1x Saffi Eriksdotter
    1x Shambling Shell
    1x Sidisi, Undead Vizier
    1x Stinkweed Imp
    1x Sun Titan
    1x The Gitrog Monster
    1x Tidehollow Sculler
    1x Triskelion
    1x Viscera Seer
    1x Wall of Roots
    1x Weathered Wayfarer
    1x Wild Mongrel

Lands
    1x Barren Moor
    1x Bayou
    1x Bazaar of Baghdad
    1x Canopy Vista
    1x Command Tower
    1x Dakmor Salvage
    1x Dryad Arbor
    1x Flagstones of Trokair
    2x Forest
    1x Gaea's Cradle
    1x Golgari Rot Farm
    1x Mana Confluence
    1x Marsh Flats
    1x Orzhov Basilica
    2x Plains
    1x Sandsteppe Citadel
    1x Savannah
    1x Scrubland
    1x Secluded Steppe
    1x Selesnya Sanctuary
    1x Strip Mine
    2x Swamp
    1x Tranquil Thicket
    1x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    1x Verdant Catacombs
    1x Volrath's Stronghold
    1x Wasteland
    1x Windswept Heath

Sorceries
    1x Demonic Tutor
    1x Diabolic Tutor
    1x Dread Return
    1x Life from the Loam
    1x Regrowth
    1x Unburial Rites

Instants
    1x Darkblast
    1x Krosan Reclamation
    1x Pull from Eternity

Enchantments
    1x Pattern of Rebirth

Artifacts
    1x Crucible of Worlds
    1x Sol Ring
  12. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Oh, and here's the changelog...

-Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter: I do not actually need most of those abilities and can go with a cheaper sac outlet.
    -Angel of Despair: Back out again. I sometimes used this to destroy my own creatures, but now I have more sac outlets. Could potentially go back in.
    -Liliana, Heretical Healer: Too slow.
    -Entomb: Wasn't getting much out of this.
    -Nighthowler: Killing someone with Commander combat damage was a fun idea, but it's time to trim this.
    -Ghoultree: Removing midrange grindy stuff in favor of broken combo stuff.
    -Spider Spawning: This card is excellent on defense, but if I am filling my graveyard up so much, I should try to just win.
    -Gnaw to the Bone: Lifegain schmifegain.
    -Splendid Reclamation: Never really got this working and it seems too slow. Fun idea, but the deck moved a different direction.
    -Spore Frog: Defense is for people who don't just murder everyone.
    -Miren, the Moaning Well: Very infrequently used for its ability. Replaced for now. Considering this one.
    -Maze of Ith: Again, Bothering with defense is for some other deck.
    -Thespian's Stage: Really needed Bazaar of Baghdad or Dark Depths to work. Not worth it.
    -Vesuva: Even less worth it than Thespian's Stage.
    -Dark Depths: a 20/20 that can be chump-blocked by any flyer is just not what this deck is going for.
    -Wurmcoil Engine: While the power is obvious, this is still midrange stuff, which I'm now eschewing.

+Viscera Seer: Good one-drop sac outlet.
    +Apprentice Necromancer: Should probably have left this in the whole time. Oops.
    +Wall of Roots: Solid card. Possible infinite mana in sac loops.
    +Massacre Wurm: Gets rid of pesky creatures.
    +Nantuko Husk: Phyrexian Ghoul #2.
    +Body Snatcher: Used to grab a combo component for a sac loop out of my hand. Might prove unnecessary. We'll see.
    +Mindslicer: Anti-hate card.
    +Tidehollow Sculler: Targeted anti-hate card.
    +Reclamation Sage: How was not already using this?
    +Diabolic Intent: This is better than Entomb in my deck and arguably better than Demonic Tutor.
    +Ramunap Excavator: A Crucible that I can cast from my graveyard with Karador? Yes please.
    +Fiend Hunter: In some cases, it could be used on an oppnent's card. Mostly used in sac loops.
    +Academy Rector: Fetches Pattern of Rebirth for sac loops.
    +Pattern of Rebirth: Used with Boonweaver Giant sac loops.
    +Boonweaver Giant: This thing is bonkers.
    +Protean Hulk: Unbanned in the the "official" official rules. This is huge.
  13. Oversoul The Tentacled One

I missed this earlier! Oops. To belatedly answer the question...

Nope, all of the Eternalize cards are bad. :p

OK, OK, to be less cheeky...

In principle, either the Embalm mechanic from Amonkhet or the Eternalize mechanic from Hour of Devastation could be used with cards dumped into my graveyard from my library. The problem is that none of those cards offer abilities that this deck can make good use of, and the mana costs on the abilities tend to be prohibitive. Now that I'm using both Protean Hulk and Boonweaver Giant, I'm practically going all-in on sacrifice loop infinite combo kills.