Happy now, Orgg?

J

JSexton

Senor Orgg has been pestering me to join up for some time. Here I am. I realize this means little to the rest of you, but, hey, one doesn't get famous overnight, yes?

Anyway, hi, all.

D

Doombringer

Ive been trying to pester one of my friends to join but I guess hes not annoyed enough yet.:(

O

orgg

I welcome the Master of the Power of Dirt!

Now if y'stick around and do a little talking, you'll fit in here quite nicely.

N

Nightstalkers

Orgg's friend...

I'm afraid to ask...

Oh well, qelcome and have a nice stay. :)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
NO!!!!! HE IS THE DEVIL SPAWN BROUGHT FORTH TO US BY ORGG!!!!!!!!! WE MUST SMITE HIM NOW OR FACE TERRIBLE RETRIBUTION IN THE FORM OF MAN-EATING BISCUITS!!!!!!!!

*An intern hands Ransac a piece of paper. Ransac reads it*

My bad, it seems there was a typo. Actually, it states here that he is actually a biscuit-eating man, although he does enjoy other fine foods as well.

Uh...... VOTE RANSAC/MONKEY 2004!!!!!

J

JSexton

Mmmm...rubber biscuits...

I've never actually met Orgg, we just chat and play on MTGO a bit, when I can find time. I feel very qelcomed here. [/bandwagon]

As for the Dirt thing, that's the title of an article I wrote that Orgg took a fancy to.

J

JSexton

Several years. How long have I been published? Just the once. I tend to think of most of my stuff as utter poo, so I don't generally submit. That was the one article that I felt was timely and relevant, so I went ahead and sent it in. I've got a half finished follow up to it, but I also have a two month old baby, so you can imagine where my time is spent.

I am thinking about doing some articles on MTGO casual formats, specifically Prismatic. I don't know if there's much interest in a deck deconstruction of 250+ card decks, though.

O

orgg

I look forward to seeing you on the front page, man!

The CPA will love to have anything y'feel like wrighting-- even if it's a bit old and/or out of date. If it's a Magic Related read and even slightly entertaining, we'll take it and like it.

...we just lucked out greatly with SeFRo, as his stuff is top snuff, but StarCity doesn't want 'em because the general audience doesn't 'get' him.

N

Nightstalkers

Originally posted by orgg
...we just lucked out greatly with SeFRo, as his stuff is top snuff, but StarCity doesn't want 'em because the general audience doesn't 'get' him.
Use a ten-foot pole and you'll "get" him.

Dunno why you'd have a pole made from ten feet lying around though... those are pretty rare now-a-days.

N

Notepad

Welcome, man! You should write about teaching your baby how to play Magic. Is Portal so dumbed down that even an infant can understand it? Probably. Prove it through scientific testing! ;) ;)

Originally posted by orgg
Um...thanks, Orgg. Thanks a ton. The problem Star City has with me isn't anything personal, as Ferrett was on quite good terms with me, and Knut is neutral. Their readers though...whoa! They hate the fact that I'm currently suspended from the DCI. Such a vocal flamer troll site of hate, those forums of theirs. So that outcry caused Knut to reject my stuff no matter what. They do have sales to look out for, after all. :D

T

train

Welcome - I think I've seen you online while I was lurking around Orgg before...

remember the force is with you...;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, the two guys most interested in Prismatic have been gone for a while (Dune Echo and someone else), but you might be able to get some interest if you post about it. I was interested but my group would never go for it... too complicated to build a deck in the short time we have to play (they tend to build their decks when they come to play, not during "offtime").

Congrats with the baby, I know how that is too :) Have a 21 month daughter myself.

J

JSexton

Originally posted by SeFRo
Welcome, man! You should write about teaching your baby how to play Magic. Is Portal so dumbed down that even an infant can understand it? Probably. Prove it through scientific testing! ;) ;)
All right. I grabbed a handful of cards and headed over to the crib. I held up Serra Angel. That got a smile. Tried a Skullclamp. He looked away. Next up was a foil Kamahl's Sledge. He actually giggled at that, but it might have just been because it was shiny. Showed him a Chimney Imp next. He giggled again and reached for it.

Conclusion: He's interested in Magic, but his card valuation sucks. I'm going to throw away Grover's "Monster at the End of the Book" and start reading to him from Randy Buehler's card pointing article. It's the only way.