Hall of Shame Vote: Legends

Which of these Legends, is legendarilly BAD?

• Forethought Amulet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Great Wall

• North Star

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Tobias Andrion

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Wood Elemental

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B

BigBlue

I also am voting for my own card...

It's pay 5, then 3 each upkeep... to prevent all but 2 from each sorcery and instant... but only to you...

I suppose you could run an earthquake deck or Hurricane deck... but that's about it, and you'd be better off with a CoP if that's your intent...

The artwork is decent... :) That's about all the good I can say about this card...

Forethought sounds like a blue card... but this card has a super-expensive mostly useless white ability... If it was:

Forethought Amulet (5)
3: Prevent all but 2 damage from instant or sorcery spells until end of turn.

It'd at least be slightly more useful...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I voted for Wood Elemental because I think it's the worst card in any set, let alone this one.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Um, that's a joke (and a funny one). The deck would suck in real life, although it's a cute concept.

And Great Wall doesn't actually do nothing. I maintain that even if it did, Wood Elemental would be worse, but Great Wall does actually hose Plainswalkers, which do exist. Wood Elemental hoses players that don't use any blockers or removal or kill conditions, which don't exist.

Melkor

Great Wall doesn't hose plainswalkers by itself, you still need those same blockers that make Wood Elemental so bad. I just favor Great Wall because of the colossal failure of R&D in making two cards that allow you to block plainswalkers and only one card that actually plainswalks. Then waits years and years before even printing one more plainswalker. I find the whole situation ridiculous, where as Wood Elemental is more of a just plain failure to make a good card.

B

BigBlue

Yeah, but Blue can switch it to block any "basic" landwalker for U.... :D

I wonder if they believed they would be printing more plainswalkers in the future... well, more than just 1...

Or they were confused and were meaning it would do something to 'Planeswalkers'...

Wood Elemental wins it!

D

DarthFerret

In response to the "plainswalkers" argument. I have more than once, through the use of Magical Hack and the like, turned several creatures into plainswalkers. Really makes the life gainers cringe when you do that!