1 Still Life
1 Opal Caryatid
2 Hidden Stag
2 Hidden Gibbons
4 Rancor
1 One with Nature

12 Forest
9 Plains

Yeah, I know about the single records. I'm only using cards from my friends collection, those which his brother isn't being oink about, anyway. If I could find more of the enchantments that pop to life, of course I'd use em. I originally wanted to use Cantivore in this deck or anything that would do something cool based on number of enchantments, but couldn't find em. But offer whatever advice you want, (preferably relatively easy to find non-rares).

L

Limited

How about using Dowsing Shaman to return your nifty enchantments to your hand? You could also use Seal of Cleansing instead of Disenchant for limitless Soul Sculptor fun!

And, personally, I prefer Centaur Glade over Still Life..

Good Luck!

D

DarthFerret

For enchantments, I always suggest Sterling Grove. It can protect every other enchantment you own, and it can also Tutor at any time for another enchantment. 4 of them in any deck that utilizes enchantments is a must!

T

Terentius

Limited: Yeah man, Seal of Cleansing kicks total ass... but he only has one, and it's a World Championship Edition. Poop... But I will try to obtain it somehow. Dowsing Shaman? Eh...

Darthferret: I completely forgot that Sterling Grove can tutor. Man, if had Cantivore and I could tutor a Rancor or Armadillo Cloak...

Unfortunately, when I'm testing this deck it seems that Hidden Gibbons and Stag are doing all the work as beat sticks. Soul Sculptor is slow... I didn't want to have to put Llanowar Elves in here.

EDIT: did some Gatherer searching; any of these cards have potential in my deck, I'll be spending some time looking through boxes:

Anything that starts with "Hidden" or "Opal"*
Emerald Charm
Femeref Enchantress
Serene Offering
Endless Wurm
Peace and Quiet
Tethered Griffin*
Yavimaya Enchantress
Aura Fracture
Seal of Cleansing*
Aura Mutation*
Aura Shards
Root Greevil
Nullmage Advocate
Testament of Faith

* : definitelies.
Maybes : Cleansing Meditation, Enchantress's Presence

T

Terentius

Got to look through some rares, but not common and uncommon boxes. What I have now:

4 Soul Sculptor
3 Forgotten Ancient
1 Soltari Visionary

4 Disenchant*
4 Demystify
1 Aura Blast
1 Wax/Wane
3 Karmic Justice*
2 Opal Titan
2 Opal Archangel
1 Opal Caryatid
2 Hidden Stag
4 Hidden Gibbons
4 Rancor
2 Sterling Grove*

12 Forest
10 Plains

* : first to be taken out when I find Seal of Cleansing and that other stuff.

T

Terentius

Does this deck suck that bad...? :(

4 Soul Sculptor
4 Soltari Visionary
1 Nullmage Advocate

3 Hidden Gibbons
4 Opal Caryatid
3 Opal Titan
2 Opal Archangel
4 Rancor
3 Eladamri's Call
3 Sterling Grove
4 Demystify*
3 Disenchant*
1 Wax/Wane

10 Forest
8 Plains
3 Serra's Sanctum

* - replaced as soon as I find Seal of Cleansing or Aura Mutation.

Aren't there any cards that do something kick ass for the number of enchantments in play?

D

DarthFerret

I have not found anything really good for that. I had a deck all enchantment and global artifact, and my only kill senarios were Coalition Victory, Dark Suspicions.

T

Terentius

So you're saying I need some kind of kill scenario/bomb card/uber combo? Or are you saying this deck is a failure in all facets?

L

Limited

You could always sneak in some Auratog.. thats really nasty with Rancor

And what was wrong with Dowsing Shaman?

D

DarthFerret

You have the dowsing shaman. I do not think it is a complete failure. But on more good solid kill senario wouldn't hurt. I like the idea of the auratog. I would try it out and see if it works good.

Killer Joe

Auratog! meh, that's funny!

Other than Rancor what enchantments do the same thing; return to your hand when it hits the graveyard?

L

Limited

Brilliant Halo, Cessation, Despondency, Fiery Mantle, Launch, Slow Motion, Sluggishness, Spreading Algae

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Fortitude and Sleeper's Guile also share that mechanic. Diabolic Servitude is similar, but varies slightly in that it bounces when the creature it's enchanting dies, rather than bouncing back when it goes to the graveyard itself.

T

Terentius

Went through 3 cases for several hours:

4 Soul Sculptor
4 Soltari Visionary
1 Nullmage Advocate

3 Hidden Gibbons
4 Opal Caryatid
3 Opal Titan
2 Opal Archangel
3 Armadillo Cloak
3 Eladamri's Call
3 Sterling Grove
3 Demystify (No Aura Mutations :( )
4 Seal of Cleansing
2 Wax/Wane

10 Forest
8 Plains
3 Serra's Sanctum

The decks gettin' the job done now, Eladamri's Call is helping a lot. I also always have an abundance of mana, and I empty my hand quickly... Maybe replace a Forest?
Oh I didn't think about the enchantments that come back... I don't think I can find an Auratog, but I have Thaumatogs, they'd probly replace Hidden Gibbons... he might be able to get the job done if I wait till he's unblocked to sack everything I have. I just put in Armadillo Cloak over Rancor, but I'll put them back and try that out.

What's wrong with Dowsing Shaman? I have no cards from the last 4 sets at my disposal, and I'm not willing to buy right now.

L

Limited

Ah, okay. So no recent cards. Check.

Another suggestion: why not use Allay instead of Demystify?

T

Terentius

If I was going to use something besides Demystify, it'd be more Wax/Wane, Aura Blast, or Serene Offering.

L

Lythand

If you want an enchantment deck, use Yavamiya enchantress. Verderan enchantress Femeref enchantress and Gatherer of graces. Also I would suggest Spirit Link and replenish

T

Terentius

Yeah, about those cards...
Only enchantress I could find was Argothian, and she was just doing so so in the deck.
Gatherer of Graces is Guildpact, which I have no cards from.
Armadillo Cloak does Spirit Link's job.
Unfortunately, I have no Replenishes.