Guys, I have something direct from R&D (sortof)...

D

Dune Echo

dune@siscom.net writes:
Hopefully, you're listening here. I am one of many wondering if there will be some unbannings once Tempest rotates out, namely Memory Jar and Fluctuator? If the DCI could confirm or deny this for the players out there, it would be quite helpful. Thank you.

Hi Kirsin,
This is why I don't put my email on posts ;)

While there is always that possibility, the answer is most probably not.
Any card that lets you draw 7 cards is broken, and there are cards in upcoming sets which would still render Fluctuator broken.

Elaine Ferrao
DCI Policy Administrator

Ferret

Staff member
Wow, I love Elaine. I've noticed she's been active in The Dojo's forums lately, but it's pretty neat that she's writing to one of us. In one of her recent posts she mentionned something about a "fun tournament" format that the DCI is working on. I wonder if she'll ask for our input...that would be nice.

-ferret

"friends in obscure places"

T

theorgg

I saw this on MTGnews.

YOU BUTTNUGGETT!!

Elane probably didn't know you would tell that information, and she pretty mutch told you they were going to bring cycling back into the game.

Why did you tell MTGnews? that ain't right.

If you did tell them, I have one thing to say to you:

Cranum Mihi Tradit!

just my thoughts,
sic semper,

-theorgg
I'm bigger than I think, I think.

D

Dune Echo

What the hell?! Take a chill pill, man. Cycling is not coming back. That's in UB only, just like flanking, phasing, shadow, and buyback. All that info means is THEY PROBABLY WILL NOT UNBAN MEMORY JAR OR FLUCTUATOR. Wow! What a ****ing breach of confidence. She didn't have to answer my question that could have been asked by anyone else to anyone else in the whole freakin' DCI! Man, the way your spazzing, it's like you know something we don't about Elaine Ferrao. Besides, the comment about her not putting her email on posts meant that she didn't do that because she doesn't want a million questions about this and that.

Hell, this information gives nothing out. It only hints there could be some kind of graveyard recursion cards coming back or some way to benefit from putting all your cards into the graveyard. Whoopee. Does this information spoil anyone else's Christmas presents, or is theorgg blowing this out of proportion?

[Edited by Dune Echo (10-22-1999 at 06:51 AM).]

------------------
Dune Echo

...letting the whole world know everything.

T

theorgg

I guess I'm blowing this out of proportion. I guess I took the wrong message from the "upcoming sets which would still render Fluctuator broken." part of the message. I guess I just got a little overexcited thinking about more phasing, flanking, Cumalative upkeep, cycling, etc coming back in the next few stand alones.

I apologise about that statment.

nihil cranum mihi trados.

sorry.

untill the next conspiracy,

-theorgg
I'm bigger than I think, I think.

D

Dune Echo

Everything is okay now with me, theorgg. I just want to know one thing. WHAT THE HELL LANGUAGE ARE YOU WRITING IN? :) Thanks.