Good creatures...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I need lists of all the best creatures in the game. I already have a big list, but I want to make sure I didn't miss any important ones.

It might be funny if you posted Chimney Imp or whatever, but this would be problematic for me if I added it to my list without noticing your highly clever joke, only to discover it later. You should therefore avoid doing such a thing for two reasons, the first being that my convenience is more important than your amusement because I am the center of the universe. The second is that I have greatly decreased the potential humor behind such a jest by mentioning it before it happens.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I mean any really good creature cards. Format isn't really relevant, as this is more of a casual list.

Although the best creatures tend to see use in more than one format in their lifetimes (Morphling, Psychatog, Goblin Welder, Metalworker, Birds of Paradise, etc. have been used in multiple formats with some degree of success) I am also looking for ones with more narrow uses (Gorilla Shaman, for example).

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I hadn't thought of Visara, since I already had Avatar of Woe, but Visara is pretty good too. I also missed Broodstar, which is definitely potent in the right deck.

Keep 'em coming.

D

DÛke

These are cards that I did not necessarily play, but know are great creatures:

Bone Shredder
Ravenous Rats
Nekkratal (sp?)
Avalanche Riders
Thrashing Wumpus
Man'O-War
Serra Angel
Ball Lightning
Mogg Fanatic
Blastoderm
Birds of Paradise
L.Elf
"Sex" Monkies
Mother of Runes
Morphling
Wil'O the Wisp (sp?)
Masticore
Bottle Gnomes
Tradewind Rider
Shard Phoenix

Now, the following is a list of my personal opinion:

Palinchron
Blinking Spirit
Avenging Angel
Wall of Glare
Ticking Gnomes
False Prophet
Peace Keeper
Solitary Visionary
Paladin En-Vec
Knight of Dawn
Metathrane Elite (it really depends on your deck)
Thieving Magpie
Academy Reseachers (same as Metathrane Elite)
Crater Hellion

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Thanks guys. I already had most of the ones mentioned, which is good. Then again, my list was pretty exhaustive (it's up to 207 cards now). Some notable ones I forgot were Will-O'-the-Wisp and Paladin En-Vec.

Anyone else?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Articles that I've been wanting to write. I wanted to get a big pool of creatures so I could narrow it down to the ones that are the very best in different categories. I didn't have all that many white ones, so this definitely helped (added I think 6 new white creatures to my list).

D

DÛke

I forgot about Radiant Dragoons - saved my life so many times. Warrior en-Kor and Shaman en-Kor are unbeatable. I'm very hesitant to add Warrior Angel to the list, though I mention her just in case. Simman Grunts (sp?) annoyed the hell out of me back in the day. Master Decoy (?) isn't bad either. Hope you have Academy Rector and Rofellos in your list already...

I personally liked Exalted Dragon, as well as Thundermare, and the never-talked-about Minion of the Wastes. Fog Bank is ok.

In the day of Blastoderm, I found Defender en-Vec (?) to be of great assistance. Suntail Hawk is a gem, but so is Savanah Lions. One White creature that escapes my memory is a 1/1 flier for 1W, from Exodus: it had an ability that read something like "when this creature is put into the graveyard from play, search your deck for a copy of it and put it into your hand, then shuffle your library."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
You're thinking of Welkin Hawk. I had completely forgotten that little guy.

I won't bother adding Warrior Angel, since Exalted Angel is already there (and much better) and the only place I use Warrior Angel is in highlander decks. Then there's stuff like Seasinger and Old Man of the Sea, but I just added both because the difference isn't relevant enough...

Good call on the Simian Grunts, definitely.

I already had Rofellos and Rector (Rector being SO much at the top of the list if it were fully organized, well, maybe not, but it's pretty close to the top).

I thought about Minion of the Wastes earlier, but it seems like no one uses Phyrexian Processor anymore, which is even better. Then again, he's got potential first turn killability with Shallow Grave, so I might as well add him.

The one I'm hesitant about is Exalted Dragon. I never actually used it, but it seems like Eternal Dragon would be a lot better (which is already on the list). I have used Alabaster Dragon and would not put him up there, but Exalted is only one point bigger and eats your lands. What do you use with him?

D

DÛke

Phyrexian Processor escaped my mind. I played the Minion in control/beatdown hybird with cards like Bottle Gnomes, Soul Feast/Corrupt, even Despoil, Highway Robber, and Rancid Earth. Had plenty of fun and victory.

Exalted Dragon, like Warrior Angel, is questionable. Didn't really use him, though 5/5 flier for White is uncommon, so I thought he might be a "good" creature.

But...Highway Robber, which I forgot to mention earlier, is a great card. Anarchist/Scrivener (sp?) might be good ones as well; I personally liked neither of them.

T

Tabasco

Umm...I am sure you have these but they wernt yet listed here so

Masticore
Metalworker
Akroma
Spiritmonger
Platinum Angel
Viridian Zealot (2 for a 2/1 beatstick with naturalize built in...why not?)
Solemn Simulacrum
Spirit of the Night
Thorn Elemental
Deranged hermit
Phyrexian Colossus
Shivian Wurm

My personal picks

Palinchron
Thrashing Wumpus
Bosh, Iron Golem (c'mon... 8 for a 6/7 trampler that deals 8 direct damage at instant speed for 4 mana)
Sundering Titan
Khamal, Fist of Krosa
Volrath's Shapeshifter
Wild Mongrel
Quirion "Power" Ranger
Duplicant

Ferret

Staff member
Oddly enough, I like some of the classic critters such as Llanowar Elves (and their Ice Age cousins, Fyndlorn Elves) and then really big Wurms that you get out w/ the mana from the above Elves - for the most part, I can get a major storm of big creatures coming that don't depend on anything like flying, unblockability, or whatnot.

-Ferret

"never underestimate the power of Beef"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I forgot about Shivan Wurm and have never seen Viridian Zealot until now.

Oh, and then there's Duplicant. Nice call there, I'd hate to have my biggest creature on the board, only to be eaten by it...

I wasn't going to add Highway Robber earlier, but since someone else thought of him, I might as well...

D

DÛke

How dare you make a list of great creatures and rethinking Highway Robber...

But, I also just remembered Braids. Great creature.