Gone Fishin'

D

Duel

This is my Merfolk Deck. Made in response to the dominance of goblins last year, it's continued to do well this year. But it needs some work. suggest anything but the merfolk searcher:

Lands:
20x Islands

Creatures:
4x Lord of Atlantis
4x Tidal Warrior
4x River Merfolk
4x Coral Merfolk
4x Manta Riders
4x Rootwater Mystics
2x Whatever it is that searches for merfolk, once I get them.

Spells
4x Sunken City
2x Coat of Arms

The theory behind it is get a merfolk swarm with a lord of atlantis out, use tidal warrior to give your opponent an island and ATTACK WITH ONE HELL OF A LOT OF UNBLOCKABLE, GIGANTIC FISH!!! Any suggestions?

[Edited by Duel (02-22-2000 at 07:44 PM).]

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Dunno. Maybe Rootwater hunters, so you've got a little DD capability while you're buying time and building your force. A few counters, since it's sacriligious not to in a blue deck, and they DO come in handy. Maybe some card drawing/search cards like Strokes, Impulses, Whispers, etc.

You might want to throw in 4 Faerie Conclaves too, to try and get in some early beats and have something to chump with besides the fish when you're ready to serve next turn.

Hope that helps!

TomB
CPA Member

T

theorgg

mabe two or three of long's merfolk.
It lets you get the cards in your opponant's decks that are closest to yours and put them into your han...
wate, YOUR not mike long...
sorry.
It allows you to get the big cards out of your opponant's deck.

and don't feel bad about playing with rootwater thief(same card). The Merfolk is about to eat long.
that 's cool

[Edited by theorgg (02-23-2000 at 09:02 PM).]

D

Duel

I apologize for my ignorace: What are long's merfolk? I know what rootwater thief is.

Z

Zadok001

Same thing. :) People call 'em Long's Merfolk 'cause a guy named Mike Long designed 'em. The original name R&D was using was Long's Merfolk, and it kinda stuck on.