C

Captain Caveman

Is it possible to build this type of deck in the present
Type II enviroment? Some of the cards are there. Frantic
Search and Rhystic Scrying might work along with Exhume and
Victimize or Diabolic Servitude.

I don't think that it can be competative but wonder if it
will work. Below are some "bad" examples of my attempt to
make one. If someone has any ideas please share your thoughts.

Thanx,
Caveman

Mono Black
4 Exhume
4 Dark Ritual
4 Infernal Genesis
3 Vampiric Tutor
2 Plague Wind
1 Vicitimize

4 Hidden Horror
4 Skittering Horror
3 Delraich
3 Avatar of Woe
1 Sengir Autocrat

4 Temperal Aperature

20 Swamp
3 Peat Bog

B/u
4 Exhume
4 Dark Ritual
4 Frantic Search
2 Show & Tell
2 Rhystic Scrying
1 Plague Wind

4 Hidden Horror
4 Skittering Horror
3 Tidal Kraken
3 Avatar of Woe
2 Avatar of Will

4 Temperal Aperature

11 Swamp
4 Underground River
5 Island
3 Peat Bog

B/w
4 Exhume
4 Dark Ritual
4 Infernal Genesis
3 Vampiric Tutor
2 Plague Wind
1 Vicitimize
1 Angelic Chorus

4 Hidden Horror
4 Academy Rector
3 Delraich
3 Avatar of Woe

4 Temporal Aperature

16 Swamp
4 City of Brass
3 Phyrexian Tower

Z

Zadok001

*Insert Zadok001's intimidating evil laughter here*

Ok, so my laughter is anything outside of intimidating... But hey, I can try, right?

I'm gonna just talk about the B/u version, mainly because I like that color mix, but also because I haven't slept in 48+ now, and I need to go to sleep soon or pass out...

As I see it, the choice of Skittering Horror was taken for the single B mana cost, correct? While that is a solid fact, it is also true that this deck doesn't have anything that can sneak by defense and just clock your opponent. That would be an argument in the favor of Skittering Skirge. The double-black is a pain in dual color decks, yes, but the advantage of flying over your opposition can be game-changing. Really, the clocks of the two creatures are identical if you ignore Ritual, the Skirge takes 7 turns to win you the game to the Horror's 6, but the Skirge comes out one turn sooner. Of course, it also dies to Shock, Arc Mage, and Ribbon Snake, whereas the Horror does not. Both have merits, but there does seem to be a distinct lack of evasive clocks in that deck...

As for the Godzillas themselves... Why Tidal Kracken? In all seriousness, unblockability is overkill. The A. of Will will fly over most things, and just squish whatever it meets in the air into small giblets. It won't be pretty. The A. of Woe crushes things like bugs with a tap, and is Feared to boot. Neither one is gonna get blocked much, and both create an equal clock to the Kracken. And, unlike the Kracken, you can play your Avatars at a lower cost. And less colored mana, too. :) Perhaps the Krackens could be replaced by Avatars, or a more focused fatty with a better special ability. I dunno what, I'm too tired to think of that.

Finally, what's up with Rhystic Scyring? I mean, it's not _bad_, but most of the time, you'd rather just get what you want and be done with it. Rhystic Tutor, due to the lower casting cost, is less likely to be Rhysticed to death, and will get you the Exhume right when you need it. The main problem with it is that the Scrying at least has an effect if Rhysticed... :) Up to you on this one, both have equal merits, as with the Skitterers.

"Fatties are the only true road to victory..."

D

DÛke

You really do reply to a deck don't you Zod? :)
About the Blue/Black deck, why don't you remove the 3 Tidal Kraken and add 2 more Avatar of Will and 1 more Avatar of Woe? Those Avatars will do you much better job anyway, especially the Woe.
I don't think Plague Wind is necessary, the game will most likely not last that long, since it's either you win or you loose, there's no between.

Replace the 2 Show&Tell, the 2 Rhystic Scrying, and the 4 Hidden Horror with mana artifacts, such as Eye of Ramos, Skull of Ramos, Sky Diamond, Charcoal Diamond, Grim Monolith, and the rest. I suggest 3 Sky Diamond and 3 Charcoal Diamond. The Diamonds will also help you play the Temporal Aperture more often. I think you should play Diabolic Servitude instead of Exhume, sure it costs more, but you've added all those Diamonds; and besides, you get the Servitude back if the creature leaves play. You should play 3 Servitude instead of 4 since you have less creatures now.

Finally, replace the 4x Skittering Horror with 4x Duress for a bit of disruption. You still have a slot for 4 more cards, these could be cards that help you discard more creatures, or more disruption, such as counter magic or more discard; you really need disruption though, in any form. I would add 3 Counterspells, but you could add anything, heck, you could play 3 Plague Winds now since you're most likely have enough mana to play it a bit early.
The fourth spot, you should add a land in.

Here's what the deck looks like now:

3 Diabolic Servitude
4 Dark Ritual
4 Frantic Search
3 Plague Wind
4 Duress

4 Avatar of Woe
4 Avatar of Will

4 Temperal Aperature
3 Sky Diamond
3 Charcoal Diamond

12 Swamp
4 Underground River
5 Island
2 Peat Bog( I lowered it into 2 instead of 3 since you really don't need it anymore since of the addition of the Diamonds).

Great deck.
I hope you enjoy it :)

G

Gizmo

Isn`t there a red card in Prphecy that`s good in Zilla?
I know it digs out the smallest creature, but if the Thorn Elemental is the smallest creature...

Z

Zadok001

I think you're talking about Search for Survivors, but God hath said from on high that it doth suck in all environments and decks... (Except some really odd LD decks... :) )

Search for Survivors
2R
Sorcery
Shuffle your graveyard [Bet you never thought you'd see THAT phrase] and choose a card at random from it. If it is a creature, put it into play under your control.