G

Goblin Ecko

my homemade GOBLIN card:

name: Goblin Ecko

color: red

cost: 2 R R

creature type: Goblin

p/t: 3/2

abilities: Goblin Ecko may attack twice every turn if able.

--Thank you...I hope everyone likes this card.--

I

Istanbul

Too good.

3R - Hill Giant
2R - Gray Ogre

So, if a 2/2 costs 2R, we're paying R to get +1/+0 and the ability to attack twice per turn.

Make it a 2/2 that can attack twice each turn, and that's more fair.

G

Goblin Ecko

You have a good point once I think about that. Thanks for telling me that, I'll keep that in mind. Actually if I had more time to think I might have made it better because I had that card in mind but when I went to type it in here I thought "ok, thats stupid." so i just started rearranging things and changing things and i just decided oh well this is good enough. But thanx.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure I understand the "can attack twice a turn if able" part. There's usually only one attack phase, and cards that give another attack phase also allow untapping of creatures (well, at least Relentless Assault does). So where does this actually come in?

G

Goblin Ecko

ok...what u do is attack with him, untap, and attack again. im sure it cant be that hard to understand. oh well...i know what it does so yeah...im not sure how to explain it any further...

I

Istanbul

I think that Spidey is saying that the card needs a rewording.
How about this?

Frenzied Goblin 3RR
Creature - Goblin
Once per turn, you may untap Frenzied Goblin. If you choose to do so, you receive an additional attack phase immediately following the first, in which only Frenzied Goblin may attack. Play this ability as a sorcery.
3/2
Goblins are always good for a laugh...until you get them angry.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Trying to keep with the spirit of the original card, I see problems with Isty's wording.

1. You can do weird tricks that tap the goblin before attacking.
2. If you already attacked and want to use the untapping ability, the second attacking phase is technically not "immediately" following the first attack phase.

I'd say word it like "if <this> has attacked, you may untap it. If you do, you receive an additional attack phase in which only <this> may attack. You may only play this ability once per turn and as a sorcery."

Something like that...

M

maraud234

I think it should be changed to an enchantment that lets goblins attack twice per turn. It still holds the idea behind "Goblin Echo", now you just have alot of goblins attacking. It would of course, only be seen in goblin decks.

P

Prince RXI

THIS is what you mean:

Whenever Goblin Ecko Attacks, if it is blocked by one monster it deals damage equal to it's toughness to the monster and the player origionally attacked. If blocked by 2 monsters, both monsters get damage damage equal to it's toughness. If un blocked, it deals damage equal to it's toughness times 2.

There, does that help?

Prince RXI, ok?

I

Istanbul

Originally posted by Prince RXI
THIS is what you mean:

Whenever Goblin Ecko Attacks, if it is blocked by one monster it deals damage equal to it's toughness to the monster and the player origionally attacked. If blocked by 2 monsters, both monsters get damage damage equal to it's toughness. If un blocked, it deals damage equal to it's toughness times 2.

There, does that help?
Er...no. :eek:

M

maraud234

Originally posted by Istanbul

Er...no. :eek:
LOL

I think it really doesn't matter how the wording goes. We all know what the idea is, and that is what we are supposed to be helping with.

G

Goblin Ecko

thank you! finally i am saved! we all know what it means...so y bother giving 100 ideas about how the wording should be!

C

Cateran Emperor

One thing to point out:

I don't think it is really that unfair to make a card superior to Grey Ogre or Hill Giant. In case you were not aware, very few Magic players anywhere actually use these two as they don't *do* anything interesting.

Use Isty's version, but make it 1RRR for a 3/3.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, WOTC made superior version of Gray Ogre with Granite Gargoyle (but took it out because it was "too strong" for the cc, I think) and later did it with that red flanking dude from Mirage so people would use a 3cc, so it depends what you're comparing it against (I didn't quite understand CE's post so that's my interpretation of it :) )