Gnostro Ascendancy [EDH]

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I am attempting to bring my love of Jeskai Ascendancy to EDH. Usually, decks built around this enchantment run green for mana dorks, but the color identity aspect of the rules in EDH makes that cumbersome. So this is a proper Jeskai deck. I realize that Jeskai Ascendancy gets a lot better with green as an option. But I'm doing this my way.

Commander:
1 Gnostro, Voice of the Crags

1 Academy Rector
1 Aetherflux Reservoir
1 Alloy Myr
1 Anger
1 Aphetto Alchemist
1 Apprentice Wizard
1 Arcane Denial
1 Arid Mesa
1 Bloodstained Mire
1 Brainstorm
1 Brash Taunter
1 Bronze Walrus
1 Chain of Vapor
1 Chaos Warp
1 Command Tower
1 Containment Construct
1 Counterspell
1 Crashing Drawbridge
1 Cryptic Trilobite
1 Crystalline Crawler
1 Cyclonic Rift
1 Defense Grid
1 Dig Through Time
1 Echo of Eons
1 Enlightened Tutor
1 Faithless Looting
1 Fatestitcher
1 Fervor
1 Fierce Guardianship
1 Flooded Strand
1 Force of Negation
1 Force of Will
1 Foreboding Statue
1 Frantic Search
1 Generous Gift
1 Gitaxian Probe
1 Gold Myr
1 Hallowed Fountain
1 Heartwarming Redemption
1 Helionaut
1 Idyllic Tutor
1 Iron Myr
6 Island
1 Jeskai Ascendancy
1 Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
1 Lightning Greaves
1 Lion's Eye Diamond
1 Lotus Guardian
1 Lotus Petal
1 Mana Drain
1 Manakin
1 Marsh Flats
1 Maze of Ith
1 Misty Rainforest
4 Mountain
1 Mystical Tutor
1 Ornithopter of Paradise
1 Palladium Myr
4 Plains
1 Plateau
1 Polluted Delta
1 Rhystic Study
1 Sacred Foundry
1 Scalding Tarn
1 Scuttlemutt
1 Sea Scryer
1 Sensei's Divining Top
1 Silver Myr
1 Sisters of the Flame
1 Sol Ring
1 Steam Vents
1 Strip Mine
1 Sunder
1 Swan Song
1 The Reality Chip
1 Time Spiral
1 Time Wipe
1 Timetwister
1 Treasure Cruise
1 Tundra
1 Urza's Saga
1 Volcanic Island
1 Wasteland
1 Wheel of Fortune
1 Windfall
1 Winds of Abandon
1 Windswept Heath
1 Wooded Foothills

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
No luck so far with this one. I had a brainfart or something and misplayed in my first game with this deck. I could have tried to fight through the game after my blunder, but I just conceded and started a second game with a different group. The second game, I had terrible topdecks and the game dragged on for a long time. Eventually, I did get to see my deck get going, but by then it was too late.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Dejection. This deck is something like 0 for 6 now. Every game I either get slaughtered or have a stressful time trying to get some kind of engine going. I thought that this deck would be fun, and it really seems like all the pieces should be there for that to be possible. But they never line up! My last game with this one was really drawn out miserable. This is exactly the sort of project I hate to see fail, because I get to use cool niche cards like Sisters of the Flame and Cryptic Trilobite, stuff that I just don't get the opportunity to use in most decks.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, that's it for this deck. I tried. I really did. In my final game, I couldn't seem to find lands that weren't basic Islands, and had to resort to Lion's Eye Diamond into Timetwister into praying for a red source just to cast Gnostro in the first place. And then I just sort of expended my hand and sat in topdeck mode until my opponents gradually killed me. I've had enough, and I needed to pull some of the cards from this deck anyway.