Generic Gamer's Website?

R

Rando

I asked this question at MTGnews a few months back, and no one knew anything then.
But, with the fast way that the state of the web changes, I'll ask again.
Does anyone know of a general gamer's website, not dedicated to a single game or genre of games?
I've looked and looked, but I can't find anything that seems to fit what I'm looking for.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
jp

R

Rando

All I saw here was computer and video game stuff.
Thanks, but I was looking for exclusivly table-top games.
(card, RPG, minitures et cetera)
Perhaps I should have been more precise.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know of any specific ones, but have you tried search engines like ask.com and webring.org?

R

Rando

I've looked everywhere with every search engine I know of and I can never find a site that is just for "Gamers". All I find is sites that exclusively cater to one type of game, such as
"Duke Doom's RPG Page" and
"Seal Boy's War Game Page" and
"Stupid Pseudo-Goths with Bad Non-descript European Accents that Really do Stay in Vampire Character Even at the Grocery Store Page" and stuff like that.
From what I can see, there is no such thing as a generic gamers web site.
Why don't one of you people with more time and money then me start one and then tell me about it.
Thanks...
jp

S

sageridder

sony has wheel of fortune,jeopardy and some others.Yahoo under games has a whole bunch of card games checkers,chess,backgammon,ect.If you have a specific game you are looking for see if the manufacture has a website,hope this helps.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, as I said, I don't know of any sites that cover the table-top games you're looking for (of course, I haven't exactly looked. I've only looked for a specific type of table-top game, like Warhammer FB). That kind of thing does sound like it would be a personal home page, though. I've found that webring.org gives you a list of "rings" that sites are associated with and then you have to do the tedious process of getting to each site and then maybe checking out their links page, which might contain sites that aren't part of the ring. And as you indicated, you might not have the time for this so...

basically I'm no help. :) Good luck.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Rando, could you post the link to "Stupid Pseudo-Goths with Bad Non-descript European Accents that Really do Stay in Vampire Character Even at the Grocery Store Page"?

I gotta see this! :D

R

Rando

Sorry, but I can't seem to find that page again. I'll be sure to keep a look out though.