Geeze, I'm going to shoot this guy...

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by Nightstalkers, Jul 11, 2004.

1. chris92 king

you can do that actually, though the creature they usually target already has a built in way to kill the opponent, just like ambassador laquatus. so why soulburn?
  2. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Eh... good point. Just thought I could animate something cuter like a nice 1/1 or something to finally piss off my opponent.
  3. mythosx Legendary Creature-Human

Ok some on help me double check this. IF some one animates dead the World Gorger dragon. The effect to remove all stuff goes on the stack. IF I terror the Dragon before that effect goes off, then the return clause stacks. So then the final result is that we both lose everything. Thus they lose their stupid bizarre of wonders and the game is reset cept the grave yard?
  4. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Bazaar of Baghdad...

Not Bazaar of Wonders and certainly not "bizarre."

I do not remember how the combo works if Terror interrupts it and I'm too tired to think right now...

I'll answer this later, but I'm betting someone else will do it before then anyway...

Edit: Okay, I think I remember now, but I'm not sure, so check with someone else...

Animate Dead targets Dragon, Dragon's CIP ability goes on the stack. Then you can cast Terror, on the dragon, which goes on the stack and (we assume) resolves. Dragon dies, causing its leaves play ability to trigger and go on the stack, which resolves, and does basically nothing. Then Dragon's CIP ability resolves. This is how it went in my tired mind, but it sounds funny to me somehow, so I'd prefer that someone corrects me here...

Edit2: A bit more confident that my explanation was somewhat accurate after performing a quick search and finding this...

"It is possible for the Dragon to leave play before its 'comes into play' trigger resolves. If this happens, then the 'leaves play' trigger will have nothing to return and the 'comes into play' trigger's effects will be irreversible. [D'Angelo 2002/10/15]"
  5. chris92 king

maybe he just likes calling it that way :D
  6. mythosx Legendary Creature-Human

It is the bazaar of baghdad. My mistake. But I do like to call both of them Bizarre
  7. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Well, no one backed me up, it seems. But also no one contradicted me, so I think I was right...
  8. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Sorry, I thought your last edit made it pretty clear what the result was. But I'll back you up and agree with you and this time I'm certain it works that way since there's a specific ruling on what happens then. :)
  9. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Excellent...
  10. Homestar Who invited this guy?

wait a second, would it work if you animated the WG Dragon, and then played tendrils of agony for a million?????
  11. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Tendrils is a sorcery and you would have to have another creature to stop the loop. Secondly, if you think that the loop somehow increases the storm count, it really doesn't as no spells are being played during the loop. If you cast Animate Dead and nothing else in the turn, then let the loop go as much as you wanted and switched the target to something else, then cast Tendrils, you would have one storm copy...
  12. Homestar Who invited this guy?

o, i thought since WG dragons ability goes on the stack it would count towards storm....o well.
  13. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Nah, it only counts spells. If it counted abilities, think of how good Basalt Monolith would be...