Geeze, I'm going to shoot this guy...

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by Nightstalkers, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Okay, someone offs a worldgorger dragon to their graveyard and brings it back with an animate dead. The dragon kicks the bucket again because its enchantment is gone, but when its gone, the enchantment comes back and enchants it again. And there you have an infinite loop... right?
  2. Notepad Seffy Sefro

Yes, NS. You can also tap your lands while the triggered effects are on the stack, meaning you get infinite mana, as well.

It is a powerful T1 deck, though not reliable. Funny enough, it led to the restriction of Entomb in T1, I think.
  3. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Which is a bit messed up, because I don't know that Entomb would make the deck better, and it's not dominating...

Especially when Tormod's Crypt is a cheap card that can be sideboarded into anything...
  4. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

I'm starting to figure out why they call this guy the Cheeze.... I mean, he has a black deck that gets out one or two 5/5's on turn one for crying out loud...

I've gotta build a strategy to beat him, then make it immune to his little psycho strategies...
  5. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Heh, could be me really, except that I've never actually been bestowed with that nickname that I know of...

Now if the 5/5's were Juzam Djinns that would be scary...
  6. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Not sure you got your lands back untapped. I think if they are removed from the game tapped, they come back in the same state.
  7. kriz_riktr Member

That is incorrect. Whenever a permanent comes back into play it will come into play as it normally would, which for most lands means untapped. The only exception is when permanents return to play from the phased out zone.
  8. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Ah. Thanks.
  9. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Basically how the comp-rules tell how it works is that everything that was returned to play is treated like new cards. Basically since the lands would be normal (without "comes into play tapped") they would come into play untapped like normal lands.

Basically works with anything except if its an ongoing effect or some such... Oh, and Phasing too I guess (no daddy... the Phasing rules scare the bejesus outta me)
  10. BigBlue Magic Jones

187 Creatures do well too... Like Avalanche Riders... or Nekretaal...

You can also end it whenever you want as long as you have another creature in the GY to animate...

It works rather well with Instant burn using the infinite mana.

Turn 1: Mox Jet, Mountain, tap Mox for Dark Rit, Entomb - put Dragon in GY, Animate Dragon, wash rinse repeat getting yourself 22 mana - respond to Dragon with a Volcanic Geyser for 20.

Only took you 6 cards (2 of which are restricted) =)

One Well placed Force ends it for you.
  11. Master Shake New Member

Dragon is the reason that Bazaar is worth money now. Because you can go:

Turn one: Bazaar of Baghad - tap draw 2 discard buried alive, spoils of the vault, Worldgorder Dragon.

Turn two: Swamp, Dark Ritual animate dead.

The deck is able to throw more threats at decks then the decks have counters, and works very fast. it is more connsistant then you may believe.
  12. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Well yeah, Bazaar is just great...

But Dragon is still subject to the same weaknesses as other graveyard combos...
  13. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

It depends if you're going first, but Planar Void is a good show-stopper :)
  14. Oversoul The Tentacled One

How many games does the most fully powered Dragon deck win on the first turn? And even then it has to hope against FoW...

Planar Void is insane, and then there's Tormod's Crypt which fits into any color of deck...

All that said, it's still an amazing deck, and there are ways to try and play around the hate...
  15. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Only dragon deck I've gone against was kinda stomped easily... Dragons cost a lotta mana to put out, and even then might be flimsy when your opponent has something like 2-4 2/2 Knights with you down to 6 life.

In my experience, anything that runs on fast schemes like mana curve and all that will just completely terrorize the dragons till they go insane...

But then again, why not try a Wall-Mart deck instead? :D
  16. chris92 king

i play with an unpowered dragon deck, it goes off on turn one like once in 50 games, i dunno maybe it depends on how lucky you are, and it hurts real bad when they FoW the combo on turn 1.:eek:

oftentimes you don't need to go turn1, you could wait one or two turns to protect your combo. without graveyard hate dragon would be up there with Hulksmash and Keeper :D
  17. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Um, I thought we were talking about Worldgorger Dragon, which isn't actually cast, but used with Animate Dead...

Wall-Mart is a funny deck though...
  18. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

I'm thinking an all black deck that uses worldgorger in the graveyard along with animate dead and a Soul Burn or something for the kill...

Didn't think I could do it tho.
  19. chris92 king

well it definitely ain't soulburn, because you could only use instants while the dragon is going off
  20. Oversoul The Tentacled One

He can move Animate Dead onto a different creature to stop the loop, then cast Soul Burn though. I might be wrong about that though (judges???).