Gatecrash Event Decks: Spidey (Thrive and Thrash) vs Oversoul (Rally and Rout)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Tails. I'll sleeve up Rally and Rout. At some point I heard good things about this deck. We'll see if it can deliver...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Plains, Champion of the Parish, done.

Spidey: 20
Hand: ?
Library: ??
Battlefield:
Graveyard:
Exile:
==================================================================
Oversoul: 20
Hand: 7
Library: 53
Battlefield:

(T) Plains

(S) Champion of the Parish (1/1; Whenever another human enters the battlefield under my control, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Draw 7, Keep.

Draw, Forest, Arbor Elf, Done

Spidey: 20
Hand: 6
Library: 52
Battlefield:

(T) Forest

(S) Arbor Elf (1/1; T: Untap target Forest)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Hand: 7
Library: 53
Battlefield:

(T) Plains

(S) Champion of the Parish (1/1; Whenever another human enters the battlefield under my control, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
UUD, Boros Guildgate, Boros Elite putting a +1/+1 counter on Champion, attack with Champion. Blocks/responses?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Done.

Spidey: 18
Hand: 6
Battlefield:

(T) Forest

(S) Arbor Elf (1/1; T: Untap target Forest)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Hand: 4
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Boros Guildgate (T: Add W or R to my mana pool.)

(T) Champion of the Parish (2/2; Whenever another human enters the battlefield under my control, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.) *1 +1/+1 counter*
(S) Boros Elite (1/1; Whenever ~ and at least two other creatures attack, ~ gets +2/+2 ueot.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Island
Farseek, getting a Mountain

Done

Spidey: 18
Hand: 5
Library: 50
Battlefield:

(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Mountain

(U) Arbor Elf (1/1; T: Untap target Forest)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) Plains

(T) Champion of the Parish (2/2; Whenever another human enters the battlefield under my control, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.) *1 +1/+1 counter*
(S) Boros Elite (1/1; Whenever ~ and at least two other creatures attack, ~ gets +2/+2 ueot.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
UUD, Mountain, Firefist Striker (+1 counter on Champion), Doomed Traveler (+1 counter on Champion), attack with 4/4 Champion of the Parish. Blocks/responses?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Done.

Spidey: 14
Hand: 5
Library: 50
Battlefield:

(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Mountain

(U) Arbor Elf (1/1; T: Untap target Forest)

Graveyard: Farseek
Exile:
Hand: 2
Library: 51
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Mountain

(T) Champion of the Parish (4/4; Whenever another human enters the battlefield under my control, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.) *3 +1/+1 counters*
(U) Boros Elite (1/1; Whenever ~ and at least two other creatures attack, ~ gets +2/+2 ueot.)
(S) Firefist Striker (2/1; Whenever ~ and at least two other creatures attack, target creature can't block this turn.)
(S) Doomed Traveler (1/1; When ~ dies, create a 1/1 white spirit creature token with flying.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Forest
Wolfir Silverheart, soulbonding with the Elf

Done

Spidey: 14
Library: 49
Battlefield:

(T,T) Forest x2
(T) Island
(T) Mountain

(T) Arbor Elf (5/5 from soulbond with Silverheart; T: Untap target Forest) *Paired w/Silverheart*
(S) Wolfir Silverheart (8/8 from soulbond with Arbor Elf; Soulbond; As long as ~ is paired with another creature, each of those creatures get +4/+4) *Paired w/Arbor Elf*

Graveyard: Farseek
Exile:
Hand: 2
Library: 51
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Mountain

(U) Boros Elite (1/1; Whenever ~ and at least two other creatures attack, ~ gets +2/+2 ueot.)
(S) Firefist Striker (2/1; Whenever ~ and at least two other creatures attack, target creature can't block this turn.)
(S) Doomed Traveler (1/1; When ~ dies, create a 1/1 white spirit creature token with flying.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
:eek:

(note: Champion of the Parish is currently a 4/4, not a 2/2 as I originally entered it in my previous post and was copied in Spidey's post, nor a 5/5 as I somehow mistakenly edited it to be a couple of minutes ago. It is now fixed in my post.)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
UUD, Boros Guildgate, attack with my whole team, using Fireheart Striker's ability to make Wolfir Silverheart unable to block this turn. So that's 4 from Champion, 3 from Boros Elite, 2 from Fireheart Striker, 1 from Doomed Traveler. Boros Charm to hit you for 4 more. Game?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yup. Good game. Just couldn't beat the race, too much mana there again :) Hopefully I'll have the same luck with that deck....

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, when I saw you suddenly go from having a 1/1 on the board to having a 5/5 and an 8/8, there was a moment of "Oh, well this is scary." But then I looked at your life total and my creatures and realized that the blockers had arrived a bit too late.