Galos Chronicles Characters and Places

N

Notepad

Well, I've written a lot of fiction in the past, and always start off well, but never finish. Lots of anthologies, but no endings. A couple novels...with no endings. I always flake out after a while, because I get that "great new idea!!!" and start working on something else.

So, this time I'm just gonna go Net Project with my latest works. Working titles are Darksider and Galos Chronicles. Both novels. I think if I post stuff on the web and get feedback on the stuff (even negative) that it'll drive me to want to finish. So, without further adu...

I'll start by showing off the characters and places in the Galos Chronicles. It is a fantasy story, of the rpg/anime melodrama style, where a band of wayward heroes just might have to end up saving the world. These are just at the beginning of the story, too. So more places and chars will be introduced, and eventually some will be lost, too. ;)

A note on the conglomeration of naming culture-roots: Yes, it is supposed to be that obvious. And yes, the story will certainly make notice of it as it goes along. It is not because I was an idiot and decided to put European-sounding names right in the fray with Hispanic-themed and Arabian-themed names.

CHARACTERS:

Reyhad Yassin: A young boy of nobility who lost his home in Sel Tihen five years ago. He was cared for by the family guard, Glet Dimora. When Glet was captured a week into their move to Bastelton, Reyhad fell under the care of Glet's daughter, Chantall. Together, the youngsters set out to the eastern kingdom of Roaland. Life there was fairly peaceful, but the kingdom's continued war efforts meant all the nobles were losing their money. Reyhad had become accustomed to working as a servant along with Chantall, but when the noble they worked for went to war, along with every other noble in the area, they found themselves short on luck. With their adopted homeland at risk of being taken over by its northern neighbor, the kingdom of Eren, Reyahd decided it would be best for Chantall and himself to head to the city of Bastelton.
(M/17/Athletic Build/5'8"/Shaggy Black Hair/Brown Eyes)

Chantall Dimora: Having been a surrogate mother to Reyhad since she was 16, Chantall has gotten used to his irritating ways. Though her family was once in servitude to his, she often finds herself in the leadership role of the two. Though, it was Reyhad's decision to go to Bastelton when work in Roaland wore out. Chantall is quite aware that the only work in that town will be military-related, but she agreed to come along with Reyhad for his safety. Even after five years, Chantall still misses her father. She feels he is still alive, and hopes to someday find him. For the time being, however, Reyhad's protection is still her duty.
(F/21/Athletic Build/5'10"/Long Blonde Hair/Blue Eyes)

Decel Sanato: Decel makes a living as a guide in the former lands of Sel Tihen. He knows all the secret routes to avoid troops and battles. Recently, he has been hired by a pair of people who have lived to the east in Roaland. Though Reyhad and Chantall paid him a fair fee for guidance to Bastelton, he thinks that he may make more money from others wishing to gain two strong, young people such as his clients.
(M/32/Medium Build/5'9"/Tied Black Hair/Brown Eyes)

Glet Dimora: Glet led his lord Reyhad and his daughter Chantall out of danger when Sel Tihen was lost. He tried to lead them on a pilgrimage to Bastelton, but was captured by enemy soldiers who raided the former kingdom. He found himself locked in Fort Senles, with a madman of a cellmate. This cellmate had plans to escape, and offered to bring a letter to Glet's daughter once he made his way out of the prison. Glet brefriended the man, and took him up on the offer. After his friend escaped the prison, all Glet could do was hope his message reached his daughter.
(M/39/Muscular Build/6'1"/Curly Blond Hair/Blue Eyes)

Angel of Doom: Three months ago, Fort Senles in Karrok exploded, killing all soldiers and prisoners inside. Rumors were that a witch walked away from the rubble. Then Rima, the southernmost city in Karrok, burned to the ground a week later. Again, witnesses claimed they saw a witch. Progressively, a trail of cities leading southward through Eren has suffered catastrophes, with all having sightings of the witch being connected. This witch has been named the Angel of Doom, believed to be the bringer of the Doom War, which she speaks of to all she lets survive. She goes by the name Ten personally, which is belived to be a references to the Ten Vile Sins written in the holy texts of Galos. Her path seems to be leading straight to the war going on in the former kingdom of Sel Tihen.
(F/About 20ish/Thin Build/5'3"/Long Brown Hair/Green Eyes)

PLACES:

Sel Tihen: Once capital of the Sel Tihen kindgom, this city held control over a large valley of farmland. Controlled by a strong military order, the one fort city was able to keep the prosperous fields out of the hands of its many surrounding enemies. That was the case until the entire city went up in flames in the night over five years ago. Some survivors claimed they saw a dragon attacking the city, and the frighteningly fast pace the city was destroyed has given some credibility to an otherwise preposterous story. With Sel Tihen gone, all surrounding kingdoms went to war to claim the farmland, a chaotic struggle that continues to the modern day.
(Former Fortified Trade Center/Final Pop. 25,920)

Bastelton: This city had been a mere outpost town taken over by Sel Tihen from its northern neighbor, Eren. With the loss of the kingdom's capital five years ago, all of Sel Tihen's refugees and armies fled to this place. Now, Bastelton struggles to maintain itself as an independent city state in the northern reaches of the war zone. It has only managed to survive by becoming a mercenary and weapons trade center, dealing out advantages in the war to whoever can pay the most. Because of the desperation caused by the war, many flock in and out of the city, looking to make a living as soldiers for hire.
(Trade City/Pop. 12,910)

Fort Karrok: The fortified capital of the nation of Karrok lies within the Banelands, a desert to the northwest of Eren. For decades it had been a tower in ruins until a group of bandits decided to make it their home. That was twenty years ago, and since then the little crumbling tower became a sprawling training ground for small armies. Though revitalized, nothing in the nation of Karrok is worth wasting military effort to take over. However, other regions have kept their eye on the fledgling country, as rumors float that it is the source of Bastelton's endurance. More rumors surface regularly that the little speck on a map may even be providing faraway lands with power.
(Citadel/Pop. 3,700)