10 Forest
9 Plains
2 Gaea's Cradle
2 Treetop Village
1 Brushland(All I have right now.)

M

Multani

Tag Guard

I'd add Defense of the Heart and more worldly Tutors for more search ability.
Also, I'd use at LEAST on 2 Enlightnened Tutors
Add another Rancor.
BTW, I have a Brushland. Do you wanna trade?

F

FoundationOfRancor

Green (25)
- 2 Yavimaya Enchantress
- 3 Endless Wurm
- 4 Argothian Enchantress
- 4 Rancor
- 2 Stamina
- 2 Ancesteral Mask
- 4 BoP
- 4 Land Grant
White (17)
- 4 Parralax Wave
- 4 SoC
- 2 Worship
- 3 Enlightend Tutor
- 4 Mother of Runes
Land (19)
- 4 Brushland
- 9 Plains
- 6 Forest

-This deck may not be fun, but it will probablly win. I was going to put in 2 geas cradle, but there arent very many cretures so I decided agaisnt it. Alos, for the Treetop villages, there are 12 first turn plays, and ALOT 2nd turn, so I think CIP tapped is would just slow this deck down. Thats my 2 cents :) Hope this helps

Ps; I have 3-4 brushlands if you want to trade :)

[Edited by FoundationOfRancor on July 8th, 2000 at 10:50 PM]

A

Apollo

I would lose the Elves and put in Wild Growths or Fertile Grounds just because they're Enchantments for the Wurms and more likely to stick around than creatures.

Apollo

H

Hellion

How about adding Replenish as an percaution against mass enchantment removal spells like Tranquility? Just a few will do just as a precaution.

K

krichaiushii

If you are willing to leave the realms of type 2, you might consider adding Femeref Enchantress from Mirage block.

Femeref Enchantress
GW
Creature -- Enchantress?
1/2
Whenever an enchantment enters any graveyard from play, draw a card.

And/or the mighty Auratog from Tempest. I use both in my Endless Enchantment deck.

P

Planeswalker

Hey krichaiushii, dont forget that 6th edition changed something. Rancor and the perpetual enchantments now read," When _______ should be put into the graveyard from play, return it to owner's hand instead." Remember that because they never go to the graveyard, you dont draw from the Femeref Enchantress.

K

krichaiushii

WHAT?! I can't draw cards from my little engine? That certainly takes away most of the fun. In the long run, that is good to know, but it is still disappointing.

Oh well... try, try again, and all that.

Thanks for the ruling, though.

R

rkoelsch

You might want to add some Jolrael favor and Tiger Claws as the can be cast as an instant in case of last minute enchantment removal

M

Mikeymike

Apollo's right about the Mana acceleration. You'll get more out of the enchantments for 2 reasons, you'll draw cards when you play them, and creature destruction is more common than both Ench. and Land destruction combined.

If the Wurm is the key, run 4 Rancors like Multani said. An extra one in your hand is never a dead card.

Faith Healer would work wonders in this deck, plus its a good way to get back ahead in life for a big Hurricane.

I'm having a tough time trying to figure out what to cut, how about this:

4 Mother of Runes
3 Endless Wurm
3 Argothian Enchantress (add 1 more if you can find her)
1 Blinding Angel
3 Faith Healers or 3 Yav. Enchantress

3 Wild Growths
3 Fertile Grounds
4 Rancor
3 Seal of Cleansing
3 Enlightened Tutor
2 Hurricane
2 Brilliant Halo
1 Worship
--0 Smokestack
1 Worldly Tutor
--0 Ancestral Mask

9 Forest
8 Plains
2 Gaea's Cradle
2 Serra's Sanctum
2 Treetop Village
1 Brushland (Run 4 if you get them)

K

krichaiushii

You might want to add Arenson's Aura, though you cannot counter the enchantments, you can sac your recurring enchantments to destroy enchantments in play. The Aura is from Ice Age, and I think is in sixth -- I know I own a white border version with a different picture than the one on the IA card.

G

Griffith_se

Here is a kooky idea. How about Skyshroud Poacher's and Elvish Pipers.

Also go to four Worldly Tutor, and four Endless Wurms.

D

Densmore

if you fitted in some mirri`s guile you could get a good green brainstorm thing going every turn plus its an enchantment so if you get that rancor countered you can just pop the guile.

instead of the SB cards (hurricanes,seal of cleansing) you could fit in some beatdow so that if the wurm thing doesnt work out you can have something to work with.

D

Duel

How about broken fall, for recurring enchantment casting. Or greater good. You can use the endless wurm to draw up the enchantresses and other things you need.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Planeswalker, where did you find the wording for the perpetual enchantments including "instead"? I can't find it and the site I use is pretty up-to-date on these things.

P

Planeswalker

Spiderman, under 6th edition rules Rancor and all the perpetual enchantments have a replacement effect. They go to your hand instead of the graveyard. This is true for Weatherseed Treefolk and Serra Avatar, as well as Planar Void.

C

Captain Caveman

I'd like to thank everyone for there deck ideas. I haven't
thought to much about magic, since Origins. Next week I'll
probably get back into it.

Planeswalker,
Are you sure about that? I can't seem to find the card
text you are refering to. Did you get that from the Orcale?

Soul Feast this!
Caveman

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Planeswalker: Can you specically cite some ruling or text? Because as far as I know, replacement effects use the word "instead" and the perpetual enchantments don't.

All of my card texts come from http://www.crystalkeep.com and have been updated 6/22/00.

Rancor
Color=Green
Type=Enchant Creature
Cost=G UL(C1)
Text(UL+errata): Enchanted creature gains +2/+0 and has trample. ; When ~this~ is put into a graveyard from play, return ~this~ to its owner's hand. [Oracle 99/05/01]

Weatherseed Treefolk
Color=Green
Type=Creature - Treefolk
Cost=2GGG UL(R1)
Text(UL+errata): 5/3, Trample ; When ~this~ is put into a graveyard from play, return ~this~ to its owner's hand. [Oracle 99/05/01]

Serra Avatar
Color=White
Type=Creature - Avatar
Cost=4WWW US(R1)
Text(US+errata): */*. ~this~'s power and toughness are each equal to your life total. ; If ~this~ would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, shuffle ~this~ into its owner's library instead. [Oracle 99/05/01]

Its power and toughness are continuously calculated. [Urza's FAQ 98/10/05]
It shuffles itself into the owner's library no matter where it would go to the graveyard from. Discard, destroy, counter, Millstone, etc. [WotC Rules Team 98/10/18]
If it goes to the graveyard from play while its abilities are nullified by an effect such as Humility it actually goes to the graveyard. [WotC Rules Team 98/10/18]
The ability to shuffle into the owner's library is a replacement effect (see Rule T.10). It applies even when this card is being put in the graveyard as part of a cost or a mana ability effect. [D'Angelo 99/05/01]
The ability replaces the "put into the graveyard" effect, so nothing which triggers on it going to the graveyard will trigger. But, since it does not replace the entire action that put it into the graveyard, anything which triggers on that action would still trigger. For example, a "destroy", "discard", or "counter". [Barclay 99/03/30]

Planar Void
Color=Black
Type=Enchantment
Cost=B US(U1)
Text(US): Whenever a card is put into a graveyard, remove that card from the game.

The card does go to the graveyard before it is removed from the game, so other triggered abilities like Energy Field will trigger on the card going to the graveyard. [D'Angelo 99/01/12]
It will trigger on itself going to the graveyard from play and remove itself from the game. [D'Angelo 99/01/12]
It will trigger on any cards going to the graveyard at the same time it does, and it will remove them from the game. [D'Angelo 99/03/06]
If Disenchant is used on it, Planar Void goes to the graveyard (and removes itself), then Disenchant goes to the graveyard and stays there. [DeLaney 99/01/18]
As you can see, only Serra Avatar has the word "instead" making it a replacement effect (and it says in the errata/clarification). All of others don't, therefore they will go to the graveyard before returning to hand and thus trigger "go to graveyard" effects. So I think you are misinformed unless you can cite some other source that contradicts this.

P

Planeswalker

The reason is why I say that they are instead is that 6th edition rules specifically say that it is a replacement effect. A Judge I know has confirmed this for me. I made the mistake in that they do not say instead as I previously pointed out. However, they do not actually go into the graveyard but go directly to your hand or wherever they are supposed to go. Planar Void will not stop Rancor.