G/W Multiplayer deck - got any ideas??

S

Spuky

Hello everyone, recently, i just started to play a G/W, casual T1 multiplayer deck, first of all, here`s the list:

Creatures:
4 - Anurid Brushhopper
4 - Noble Panther
4 - Viridian Zealot
4 - Savannah Lions
2 - Mother of Runes
2 - Silklash Spider

Artifacts&Spells:

4 - Loxodon Warhammer
4 - Rout
4 - Vengeful Dreams
2 - Swords To Plowshares

Lands:

4 - Brushland
4 - Nantuko Monastery
3 - Krosan Verge
6 - Forest
9 - Plains

first of all, its not a beatdown deck, its mor focused in control, and since in my group theres a tendency to play biiig armies(goblins, wizards, zombies, slivers, and almost every tribe with more than 4 diferent cards - GO Homarids!!!!)

anyway, since this group is not artifact or enchantment heavy, that´s why i dont have more removal than the zealot´s. what you want to do whit this deck is play some creatures first, hold some card, use some removal, play a hammer or two, more removal, and some other creatures and beat everyone with a Hammer powered creature or manland. even when i have won my fair share of games with this deck(most of them in a 6-8 free for all) i still feel that is kinda slow, and sometimes i got really mana or color screwed, but i think that it should be a little more fast, but hey, that´s why i post this so all of you can share some of your experience(but i got to tell you i have no power nine, heck i dont even have a wrath of god, getting good magic in Mexico is kinda hard):

- what makes it slower?
- did i miss something(i really like the deck, but i think that my love for Noble Panthers made me short sighted - oohh man, i really like that Panters,it was my first rare, so that´s why i love them)
- should i take some creatures out?
- did someone else loves Noble Panthers??

actually i dont play multiplayer a lot, i have more 1 on 1 decks - maybe sometime i will post my stormbind deck, it looks cool, or my pox deck(you gotta love that word, come on go outside of your room and scream really loud: POOOOOOXXX!! sound pretty cool) - thats why im kinda rusty in multiplayer decks

well, i know that with you help i can make this deck the
nigthmare of my group

M

Mikeymike

Welcome to Multiplayer.

Looking at the deck, it has good card quality, but I feel like it is lacking in synergy. For instance...

Anurid Brushhopper - it is a 3/4 body for 1GW which is great, but you'll rarely ever have the firepower to ever use it's built in protection ability. It either wants plenty of card draw, cards that want to be discarded (Glory, Genesis, etc.), or both. Since it is going to be tough to add the fuel for it, you should be able to find a more fitting replacement for its slot. If you are looking for a 3CC creature, Troll Ascetic would be perfect - but they aren't easy to come by. The Trolls are also extremely dangerous with the Warhammers.

The Panthers aren't the best creatures in the world, but they suffice. Again, the Warhammers make them strong because of their first-strike. You can keep in there w/o any real issues, they'll beat for you.

Vengeful Dreams - again, good card, but same problems as the Brushhoppers, you don't really have anything you want to discard. Personally I'd cut the 4 for 1 more StP, and possibly 3 Naturalize (I figure someone has to be playing artifacts in your group). Fitting in some card-draw wouldn't be a bad idea either, as the deck seems like it has the tendency to stall.

I'm not sure Savannah Lions are right for this deck. They work best in swarm decks and/or creature boosting decks. In here, you might be able to get a few attacks in, but they soon become fodder. Also, they aren't an ideal Warhammer target because they die very easily. Even if they work for you better than I believe they would, I'd still cut 1 for 1 more Mother or Runes - which is a perfect 1-drop for the deck.

Your mana base also needs a little work.

Nantuko Monastery - 4 is way too many, 3 might even be 1 too many. You don't get threshold so easily, so I'm sure often they are producing colorless mana for awhile.

Krosan Verge - great, but very slow. It also interferes with your mana curve - it wants to work on turn 3 but you've currently got 12 3-drops in the deck. For G/W replacements, try Windswept Heath, Elfhame Palace, or the G/W Talisman.

On a side-note, you can turn this into a incarnation/threshold deck with Vengeful Dreams, Brushhoppers, etc., but it would require a lot of alterations.

Hope this helps!

F

f-6

I agree with just about everything that Mikeymike said (and a bit with Oversoul; Cloaks are great but they die with the creature and are less good with the hoppers). The deck looks good to very good as a duel deck, but in multi you will probably have a bit of a tough time.

Playing white in multiplayer, I allways play a full set of Serras. They are great for punishing the other guys if they have no air defence and are allways ready to defend as well. But since you play less acceleration then me, 3 should be good.

Also, a few eternal dragons will make you the late game king and hopefully smooth out your mana.

The cards I suggest are much more expensive then the cards I normally suggest for casual players, but with the rare count and card quality that you have it seemed like a good idea! :D

I would go:
+3 Serra angel
+2 Exile
+2 StP
+2 Eternal dragon
+2 Mother of runes
+1 Forest

-4 Savannah lions
-4 Vengeful dreams
-3 Nantuko monastery

Hope it helps

C

Captain Caveman

Have you tryed River Boa in the Savannah Lion slot? It blocks,
land-walks and regenerates.

T

train

If you can get them - go exalted angel over Serra... The non-tap is nice, but life is a little more important...

I also think a winner could be armageddons or wraths - especially with the phat cheapies like brushhopper...

I run one now along those lines... but need mre savannahs...:rolleyes:

And Hunting Grounds... very nice with the panther if you keep him...

and listen to MM - my version runs the trolls in hordes... (well okay - 4...)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, as in being pretty much useless now except in my highlander deck (I don't even have Exalted). And look at the pictures though. Warrior Angel definitely LOOKS tougher than Exalted Angel IMO...

T

train

There's a picture on exalted angel? - All I see is skin... though not as much as serra shows...

:eek: :D

As for the warrior - if no exalted - it would be worth running her...