1 island
1 plains
4 Windswept Heath
4 city of brass
1 Serra's Sanctum
2 undiscovered paradise
3 Fertile Ground (encahntment)
1 Sol Ring

Ok, here it is, ive cut land tax, i dont know if thats a huge mistake.... but i added in more card drawing power to make up for the lack of that combo...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Let me first say that I am the HUGEST fan of Pursuit of Knowledge. It is my favorite white card of all time and I have four copies of it. As soon as some psycho breaks it in Raisin (1.5), I will be right there trying to make the deck work for tournaments...

I'm happy to see a deck posted that uses it, but it seems odd that you are using it in that manner...

I've never tried Pursuit with Sylvan Library, but I always assumed that Abundance would work better with it...

Did you try Abundance?

Fastbond and Exploration in the same deck? I mean, I'm sure that this is Type I legal and all that, so you're only using one Fastbond and have Explorations to cover that up, but the two have no synergy together whatsoever. Fastbond makes Exploration do exactly nothing, so you're only going to actually use one or the other. I'm very apprehensive to using both in the same deck...

Why no Lotus Petal? What about Verduran Enchantress? I mean, this build isn't like most enchantress decks I've used, which run local enchantments, where she stands out as very good. Still, I'm surprised not to see even a single copy of her here. I was never a fan of Presence...

Anyway, this is an interesting build though. It looks very good...

G

Gaea'sSaproling

ty its just in the, on the papers stages, think i should build it, ive already been getting cards for it ;)

abundance is way inferior to pursuit of knowledge since it combos well with sylvan library and pretty much costs 6 to get you and ONLY you a new hand ;) as far as the fastbond/exploration thing goes which ever comes first u want acceleration as soon as possible, im still gonna take a knife to the decklist, ill come up with something more tuned for u to see 2morrow

hacked and slashed deck a little bit

G

Gaea'sSaproling

i think im finally done with this deck, atleast the on paper stage of it lol, can i get some final critiquing?

R

Rooser

You know what's really good in here? Auratog and Rancor. You can draw a lot of cards by continually saccing and recasting the rancor, and you get a big tramply Auratog in the process. It's a really good deal. Enchant creatures that answer threats are good too - stuff like Pacifism and Arrest.

G

Gaea'sSaproling

good idea, i really dont want to take the deck in that direction cuz itll cost another 6 slots whereas my kill conditions only cost 2, pretty much streamlining the deck more

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I've already seen that done. Auratog and Rancor work well enough. I was hoping to see something different this time though...

G

Gaea'sSaproling

im not gonna do it -.- sure its a great drawing engine but it takes more slot

i posted the new decklist on the first post and made it 1.5

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Interesting changes...

Oh, the painland is Brushland...

I still think Abundance should be used with Sylvan Library...

G

Gaea'sSaproling

what do u think about the changes, are all of em pretty optimal?

M

Mikeymike

I'm not nuts about Land Tax in here b/c you are only running 6 basic lands. In other words, you get two uses out of it before the 4x in your deck stop working.

Splashing blue wouldn't be terrible. It gives you access to a few interesting cards:
* Words of Wind - which can be a formidable soft-lock in here (1G - opponent bounces a permanent), that doesn't even include its' interaction with Sylvan Library
* Intuition - Can set up a nice Replenish for you. If you did, I'd include a single Earthcraft to combo with Sacred Mesa and Wild Growth.
* Brainstorm - Can trigger the Pursuit of Knowledge for you.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The Brainstorm thing is better with Pursuit of Knowledge. If the deck used blue, then that would be a great play...

If you don't go with blue, I'd still say Abundance of Pursuit to begin with. Pursuit is a nice burst of cards, but Abundance is constant card advantage as well as making sure you don't get too many lands in the same turn...

M

Mikeymike

Ooo, another idea if you were to splash blue: Hanna, Ship's Navigator.

She can recycle your Pursuits, Groves, Seal of Cleansing, and any other enchantments that might have run into a Disenchant or some such.

G

Gaea'sSaproling

i like the idea of brainstorm and words of wind, ill work with it really quick, this means a total altering of the mana base tho

M

Mikeymike

You shouldn't have to do too much monkeying around with the mana base.

You are running 4 Windswepth Heath & 4 Fertile Ground....swapping 4 Brushland (or basics) for 4 Tropical Island should supply enough U and W coverage.

G

Gaea'sSaproling

im running 5 blue cards with 8 blue sources going that route... its not like the brainstorms are there to actually brainstorm with but to fuel the pursuit... hmm i like the idea... i was making a completly altered version of the deck and getting a headache lol

M

Mikeymike

Not 8 sources, but 12...
4 Trop Island
4 Fertile Ground
4 Windswept Heath (which of course don't produce U, but they get it very easily).

Throw in a couple of Tundras to split the difference.

G

Gaea'sSaproling

i have 4 tutors already and the only thing id cut for enlightened would be a brainstorm