Friendly Neighborhood Deck

Killer Joe

It was Sweater Day last week in honor of the late Fred Rogers and it got me thinking about a magic that would have the same spirit that Mr. Rogers would have; a Friendly Deck! (Howdy, Neighbor!)

It could have cards that gives target opponent life (with no drawback), or retrieve cards from graveyards to play or owner's hand, draw cards or other stuff like that. I think it would very funny to see it work in multiplayer, MAN, everybody would want you stay alive as long as you're being generous.

The deck wouldn't/shouldn't have a real kill method just a Polyanna-like feel to it, a feel-good deck with no teeth. :rolleyes:

What are some cards, in your opinion, that could fit this bill?

Howling Mine?

R

rokapoke

Killer Joe said:
Okay, that's good for my teammates, but i wanna be EVERYONEs friend. :)
Have you tried giving them money? I'd be your friend for money.

Killer Joe

Mooseman said:
I only got upto the letter G.......
Ha! I KNEW you would know alot of this stuff because you've thought about it before, haven't you? :p

Thanks for your help, just those cards alone make for the perfect "Won't You Be My Neighbor" deck. :)

B

BigBlue

Horn of Greed - Everybody wins with this...

Howling Mine - Everyone get's the advantage - and your opponents get the advantage first!

Storm Cauldron - combine this with the Horn of Greed (and the Anvil of Bogarden).

Arcane Denial - I may not like that spell, so you can have 2 more cards unless you don't want them.

Wheel of Fortune - Let's all have a new hand, shall we?

Winds of Change - How about you get a fresh hand - and I'll be down one card since I played the winds of Change.

Chronatog - how about you get an extra turn! A measly +2/+2 this turn won't matter much...

(Oh, what's that? You've run out of cards and I decked you? Sorry, you should play a bigger deck.)

D

DarthFerret

Mana Flare is usually a well liked card. In some situations, Time Spiral can also be fun.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know, if someone put out Upwelling and people started storing mana, all it takes is a Disenchant to ruin some days - it doesn't have to be from you, of course, but that's something I'd suspect...

And building up life, someone's gonna think that you're trying to get to that "Win" condition on the card of having x life or such... unless you just keep everyone at some level like 20 or 30...

Killer Joe

The 'idea' of the deck is 'not to lose' and the hard sell will be that I'm the one playing this kind of deck. :rolleyes: I suspect that even with all of the cards that benefit everyone I'll still get beat down on fast. :(

I really like this deck concept and am going to build a 'quick version' for tonight. Wish me luck! :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know your rep in your group, but all I'm saying is that if you give too much life or mana or whatever, I at least would be pretty suspicious of what you're trying to do. Just give out the amounts in small quantities, is all I'm saying... :)

B

Budget Player Cadet

Sizzle, Syphon Mind, and Syphon Soul are all good choices! :D