FREEDOM!

T

The Magic Jackal

Today was marks the beginning of spring break! I know that i haven't been around the past couple of days, but i hope to make up for it over the next week (I'm not going anywhere over break :() Anyway, my absent was caused by excessive schoolwork (the teacher's always overload us at the end of a marking period), and i had to maintain my class rank of 11/387 to keep it cool with the parents.

Think about it, I actually got to go to Friday Night Magic tonight! What a blast!

A

Almindhra

I thought I'd just tell everyone...

I GOT INTO COLLEGE TODAY!!!!!

Yes, I've been accepted to the one college of my choice...( Its in the area )...I sent in my application a week ago and I got in!

No community college for me!!!!....Yippee!!!

A

arhar

CONGRATS!!!!!!

I know very well what "No community college for me!!!!....Yippee!!!" means :)

Good luck in your academics and try not to f**k up first semester like I did!!!

A

Almindhra

Thanks you guys!...

I hope its better than High School...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats all...

Just remember, the surest way of f*cking up a semester is doing shots of vodka with chasers of peach schnapps... Especially if the semester hadn't even started yet.

Wait, that's not entirely true. But you do get held up as an abstract example to the rest of the freshman class as what not to do.

C

Chaos Turtle

Also, missing about 30% of your 9:30 am Psych class will cause you no end of suffering...
Especially if you spend your nights "doing shots of vodka with chasers of peach schnapps..."
<font color="peachpuff">Peach Schnapps</font> ? Ewww...
Absolut <font color="orange">Mandrin</font> !

T

theorgg

Vodka?
that alcohaulic stuff?

why would you want to use some crap like that?

I had to take some medicin when I got my wisdom teeth remooved that made me drunk/high/stoned/whateverthehellitwasit#^@#edmeup and I couldn't stand it!
why do people WANT to feel like $#*!?
this boy may never know...

A

Apollo

Congrats from me too Almindhra! And Jackal, I'm free today too!! I told my dad I was free, and he said "no, it doesn't start until the Friday before Easter." I said "Dad, Sunday is Easter." He's out buying candy right now. :)

Apollo

T

The Magic Jackal

LOL apollo, dad's are stupid like that. No offense to anyone who is a dad :)

M

Multani

Spring Break? You guys don't get Spring Break until April?!
I got my Spring Break in early March.
By now my school is basically wrapping up.

"To make peace with the forest, make peace with me."
-Multani to Urza

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
theorgg: at the time it seemed like a good idea... :)

Was it Novacain? The feeling you get from that stuff isn't anything you get from alcohol (well, at least vodka-induced)

T

theorgg

spiderman, the stuff I was given was in an inch long red capsual and I found out it's one of the "most wanted" by druggies for some reason.

I just don't know why people do things like that to their bodies...

G

Gryphonclaw

Congrats Almindhra on your getting into college, and nice website.

I figured that I had to be just about the only human on the planet with access to drugs, (mostly alcohol, nicotine, marijauna) who has absolutely no curiosity or desire to experiment/get high/fit in/etc.

[Edited by Gryphonclaw on April 25th, 2000 at 04:15 PM]

C

Chaos Turtle

It might have been Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas) but that's inhaled unless there's a pill version of it.

Also, vodka is good. There is nothing wrong with drinking in moderation. There are even health benefits associated with moderate alcohol consumption.

Obviously, people with certain medical problems or a history of alcoholism in their families should abstain; as should anyone who chooses not to use alcohol at all.

With all the crap we're putting into our bodies (typically I mean, please no flames from the naturalists and vegans present) in the form of processed "food," it's no good to discount something like alcohol just because it might be "bad" for you.

Note: The Chaos Turtle is not encouraging alcohol use, especially by minors. He is expressing an opinion that can only represent himself, but which may represent others' feelings as well.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I can ask my dentist whom I'm seeing in a month and a family friend what it was. I always thought they gave you novocain for wisdom teeth removal (and pretty much everything else, like fillings and stuff).

Well, I don't do it anymore, but as you can imagine, alcohol gives you a sort of "light-headed" feeling and I guess that causes you to act crazy. So I guess you could say that I tried it the first time to see what it was like and kept on doing it because I liked it. However, like Turtle said, the key is moderation because too much too fast just makes you sick and that's no fun (and pretty dumb) (and which I've done before too). But I agree: you really don't need it at all.

On the other hand, other drugs I've had no desire to try even once. Especially smoking. I've no idea why they seem different to me... maybe society's stigma.

D

Duel

I take a small sip of vodka every night, but only for medicinal purposes, to prevent toothache. I've never had toothache. I don't ever intend to have toothache.