...four, or more...

D

DÛke

The environment is shifting, slowing down, and making new cards more valuable in the new, very fun, golden T2.

Seeing Invasion, and as we VERY happily say good bye to our best friend(or enemy) the Urza Block, I assume that the new T2 is going to be very, very slow, to the point of...fun.

Well, this gives us a whole set of new cards to work with, cards like Tsabo's Decree, Severe Soul, Annihilate, Winds/Spellshapers/Avatars of Prophecy, Twilight's Call, Distorting Wake, and many, MANY other cards that never got the chance to be played since the environment doesn't suit them.

MM, by it's lonesome self, is fully packed with Mercenaries, Rebels, and other cards that cost "too much" to be played properly, but now, the 4 casting cost Cateran Kidnappers aren't that bad to play, heck, the Cateran Enforcer itself wasn't that bad, and now, it's crossing the point of being "too playable".

I'm really looking forward to playing Tsabo's Decree in my Black/Blue control decks. In a way, it's like an over costed Disabolic Edict, but it's much more. It could ruin your opponent so bad, and in the least, it could act like an overcosted, very overly costed, Diabolic Edict, and even then, I would still like it giving the fact how everything is slow.

There are many new ideas that should be formed, new cards will be played, and a whole new way of playing will be RE-introduced: the playing for fun.

I want to know what cards you're looking for to playing, since you never got the chance to play them since the environment is too fast, and because of something ugly called 'Replenish' and 'Yawgmoth's Bargain.'

"...cards, four casting cost, or more, will be re-played..."

G

Gizmo

Wrath of God.

When I started out I collected every Wrath Of God for 30 miles around my house, so that nobody could play them against me (I had 37 at one point, which kind of drove the price up so I ended up selling them off for twice their normal price). Of course, when I started playing in tournaments I got my ass kicked by Wrath because I`d never had to get used to playing against it. Grrr, serves me right.

"As flies to wanton boys, are we to the gods. They kill us for their sport."

I`ll give that a Hell Yeah!

D

DÛke

...are both gonna be very, very playable in T2.
Four mana to destory all creature! Come on, that was good all the time, until the speed of Saga made it less effective. In addition, four mana to destroy all lands!? That's too good, plus, Aramageddon, unlike Wrath of God, is splashable, meaning that you could combine strategies with Red LD or make a classic Green Weenie/Armageddon deck.
There are so many possibilities.

And that's not all.
There are so many cards it's not even funny; it's like, after the Saga expieres, there would be an outburst of new strategies and new cards; too so many to think of man, just too many.

The day MM was released, I went out and MADE sure I buy four Conspiracies, and guess what, I tried building a deck based on it, and IT JUST don't work. The environment doesn't accept 4 and 5 casting cost cards, much lessely enchantments that are slow, like Conspiracy.

Rappeling Scouts, which I call "Fat Glider".
I call it that because it's like one of the MM Gliders, but it could gain protection from any color rather than a given one, and it's bigger.
Now, wouldn't a 4 casting cost Rebel, with a good(not the best, but infact good)ability be playable in this new environment? It has the toughness to survive the Shocks and Seal of Fire, AND it is a good blocker. It's unplayed because there are "better" cards like Morphling and Masticore; note, that they're not better, because they're not Magic cards. They're broken cards.

"...a sudden flare-up of new imagination..."

Z

Zadok001

You have no idea how overjoyed this makes me. :) Yah! 'Bout time I saw Wrath being played seriously again. I remember seeing it as a sideboard card in Replenish decks, and thinking 'That's not what it's for...'

As soon as I started working my current playgroup, I started trading cards around for the sole purpose of seperating them into sets of four. (I got four Wraths, someone else gets 4 Ports, 4 Bargains somewhere, 4 Earthquakes over there, etc...) This gave us some freedom in building decks, but it also let me snag the Wraths I'd always wanted.

And FINALLY, Wrath is being played like it was meant to be played. A board sweeper that kills everything, and can allow you to drop back into control.

I feel like the current type 2 dropped out of Wakefield's book. :) Derelor is being played, 'Geddon is popular, Wrath of God has a purpose, and Millstone may be workable.

All this, and IMHO, speed is still viable in the right forms.

I can't complain. (Of course, come the PT, I'll see 500 exact copies of each other playing the same broken combo to the top, and everything will go to hell in a handbasket. Whoo-hoo.)

D

DÛke

...this new environment is combo-less Zadok. I don't think we'll ever see decks like Replenish or Yawgmoth's Bargain. We won't see straight out combo decks: the enviornment lacks speed and the apropriate mana producers needed inorder to make a fast, accurate combo deck. EVEN if there should be a combo deck, it wouldn't be a 3-4 turn combo, it would be something like 8-10 turn combo. There aren't enough cards the support combo right now, and I don't think the Invasion block will give us anything more combo-able. We will see combo's, but not the ones that are jaw-dropping.

There will be creature combat, yep, Lacoliths will finally come into use:), there will be something called "blocking" an attack, and there will be something called "thinking".

I like what WotC is doing right now...
Let's hope they don't screw it...

C

Cateran Emperor

Do I even have to say anything? This is going to be one of the greatest times to play Magic ever. So many cards that stand out, and no time to write anything (HATE HATE HATE school sometimes)

D

Duel

I know. I live in fear of the next expansion, when they reprint necro, or worse.....

I love slow magic. Why? Darwin. The faster my deck, the faster I play it. When I play suicide black, I make decisionw quicker than the deck gets problems. And that's not good. Slow games allow em to think through and get synergy going.

"Wow! Killed me on turn 6! That's a really fast deck!"

This was said today, in response to a T2 red/green deck I was playing. I loved hearing it. Especially after seeing trix.