Fountain of Youth or Braidwood Cup?

Which of these would you prefer to play?

• Braidwood Cup

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fountain of Youth

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
N

NeuroDeus

Which would you play?

Braidwood Cup
Artifact
T: You gain 1 life

or

Fountain of Youth
Artifact
2, T: You gain 1 life

S

superguy

I chose Braidwood Cup, because I had and used it before I even knew that the fountain existed. Plus I just think it's better - 3 mana and no investment required, rather than 2 mana every turn.

G

Gerode

I agree with superguy. You would only be able to use the Fountain of Youth one turn earlier, and that one extra life will be quickly negated on any turn that you have to tap out.

A

arhar

Braidwood Cup is very usable in Multiplayer, unlike Fountain of Youth

F

fuzzy510

Braidwood Cup - On Turn 4, you've paid 3 mana and gotten 2 life.

Fountain of Youth - On Turn 4, you've paid 8 mana and gotten 4 life.

I went with Braidwood Cup, because it might be less life, but 5 mana is, in my mind, more valuable this early in the game than 2 life.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I feel Braidwood Cup is better, because are you really going to use that 2 mana in the early game to gain ONE LIFE a turn?

That's what I thought.

Ransac, cpa trash man

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

In the early game, they both really suck, and the kind of deck that would use either one is probably the kind that just sits there for as long a time as possible. Because of that I really don't see much of a difference between them, so I voted for Fountain of Youth because it had less votes. :)

BUT, keep in mind that if used against Trix, they have to find TWO Illusions (that's the only source of damage in the deck right?) to kill you, and in that way the Fountain can be more useful (because it can be used a turn sooner).

T

terzarima

Well... it all depends on the deck, if you're playin a tinker deck, well... by Jove! Play the fountain of youth, but, if we are going for the cards as itself and not in a combo of anykind Braidwood cup would win

M

Mikeymike

Briarwood Cup for already mentioned reasons, although my REAL vote goes to the Zuran Orb.