For all the multicolor decks... more duals...

D

DeathMaster666

Heheh the poor man's dual. I like. Put the counters on Triskelion and you're set.

T

train

I'm no looking to trade for depletion lands that do not have blue in them...:D

D

DeathMaster666

I have a River Delta (UB Depletion). Do you have the enemy color painlands from Tempest: the ones that come into play tapped? I could use one of those.

T

train

that do not have blue in them...

"I think DM was trying to kill me...":eek: :p

M

Mikeymike

Here's what crystal keep says about the Ice Age depletors.

Veldt
Text (IA+errata): {Tap}: Add {G} or {W} to your mana pool. ~this~ doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step. [Oracle 2000/02/01]

Looks like they've been errata'ed, don't know if it still works.

T

train

It doesn't still work if that's the errata...

dang it - that's what I get for seeing them in the trade binder - but not looking them up...

:rolleyes:

N

Notepad

That errata seems rather silly, seeing as how it can dramatically affect casual gamers who don't know about it and would want to use the lands in a conduit deck.

Reminds me of the archived articles from the CPA's beginnings about errata.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's really just the opposite of having cumulative upkeep use counters instead of "keeping track" like you originally were supposed to do. You gain some, you lose some.

N

Notepad

Its opposite nature to the CU errata is exactly why I think it is absurd. Why take away counters from a card that functions totally fine with counters?

At least adding counters to CU effects makes sense, as otherwise it can cause headaches trying to track that stuff.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Aren't there other, later cards that don't untap as normal or if something happens? I think they're trying to make it all consistent - and they went the way of no counters. <shrug>

M

Mikeymike

Originally posted by Spiderman
Aren't there other, later cards that don't untap as normal or if something happens? I think they're trying to make it all consistent - and they went the way of no counters. <shrug>
Yes, they printed an uncommon cycle in Tempest.

Here's an example: Mogg Hollows

R

Rooser

But...but....this is the CPA - clearly our playgroups can transcend a little dorky errata. Why do we have to honor the errata if we'd rather use the conduit for tricks?

M

Mikeymike

Keep it down peanut gallery! You are a slave to the rules of the game whether you like it or not. D'Angelo owns your soul!

N

Notepad

Sounds like something I wrote for "house rules" over at PoD. I suggested playing cards as literally written. That is, those lands still have counters, Revised Fog stops almost all combat abilities, Legends Bloodlust is a cheaper Overrun, etc...

:D :D :D

As for D'Angelo. I've got snipers waiting outside his house right now. No, not gonna shoot him actually. There's also cameramen there to take blackmail photos when he soils himself.

T

train

I have to divy in on this - other lands use counters - I think these should get their counters back...

"What was MaRo's home address again?!":mad: :eek: