Flashdance - A funky God deck for type 2

M

Mikeymike

Concept: The deck is built around the semi-combo of Recoup (sorcery gains flashback, etc.) and Catalyst Stone (Flashback is 2 cheaper for you, 2 more expensive for your opponent) that was bouncing around a thread in a 'CPAMagic Issues' thread.

Creatures 9
4 Goblin Legionaire
3 Voice of All
2 Kamahl

Stuff 8
4 Catalyst Stone
4 Orim's Thunder

Sorceries 18
4 Recoup
4 Firebolt
4 Wrath of God
4 Stone Rain
2 Earth Rift (it might actually be decent in here, we'll see)

Lands (for now) 25
4 Battlefield Forge
13 Mountains
8 Plains

I like it for all of the obscure card/resource advantage it has, I suppose it could be turned into a decent deck somehow.

Other power R/W (and maybe splash black) sorceries in type two right now off the top of my head:
Ghitu Fire
Pillage
Vindicate
Void
Earthquake/Pyroclasm
Other 7th edition stuff I always forget about.

Thoughts?

D

Duel

I think Ghitu Fire is a must have.

Ghitu Fire
Shower of Coals
Mirari (SO GOOD!)
Firebolt
Pillage
Demolish
Stone Rain

Hmm, land destruction looks like fun.....
mono-red?
4 Pillage
4 Demolish
4 Stone Rain
3 Mirari
4 Ghitu Fire
4 Recoup
4 Firebolt
4 Fire Diamond
2 Earth Rift
3 Price of Glory
3 Catalyst Stone
2 Khamal, pit fighter

If you play w/r, you have trouble, Most of the best cards for that deck are enchantments (trenches) or creatures (leigonnaires)

M

Mikeymike

Thanks Duel, but I'm definitely going to stick with a R/W build for setimental reasons, its my favorite color combo. Besides, we don't know what's going to be good yet.

I do want to get Ghitu Fire in here and clean up the creature base. Black would be fun, but I don't think its worth risking the mana base.

I think I need to run hasted creatures as they recover nicely from a Wrath of God, maybe Lightning Elemental, most likely Skizzik.