Flame Fusillade

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So I was reading Rakso's article on Ravnica. I didn't actually know what the cards were. I've seen quite a bit of the set in spoilers now, but I mostly skimmed those and stuff. I ended up clicking on every link to a new card that he posted, as I knew what almost none of them did off the top of my head. When I got to Flame Fusillade, he mentioned a combo with Time Vault. I was like, "What? Nothing comboes efficiently with Time Vault anymore." It really piqued my curiosity. Then I saw the card. "Wow, this really does combo with Time Vault."

I'm not going to be purchasing any Time Vaults in the near future. But this sucker makes Time Vault potentially useful in a deck. I'm not sure how useful the combo would be. Time Vault is nearly useless on its own (I mean, there's Final Fortune, but that's not so practical). Flame Fusillade could be good with enough permanents, but that doesn't sound very practical either. Whether or not the combo is the basis for a solid deck (I actually think it could be), I think it will be fun to see what kind of deck it might result in.

What do you guys think about Flame Fusillade (in general, but especially in combination with Time Vault)?

S

sageridder

I think the combo Flame Fusillade and Time Vault meant you skip the next 20 turns and ping 20 game over.