February MML Game

Killer Joe

It's this weekend and I am reviving my debut deck: My RGW Seinfeld Deck named so because it does 'nothing'.

List to follow soon!

Killer Joe

Okay, I really meant that the original versiion had no kill method excpet maybe aggrivating my opponents to the point of submission and concede,...MuWhahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Here's the partial list for Seinfeld Deck v5.7:
4x Powerstone Minefield
4x Ghostly Prison
3x Gaea's Blessings
2x Pulse of the Fields
1x Sylvan Library
1x Abundance
1x Kismet
1x Ivory Mask

...more later :p

Killer Joe

Okay, I am now thinking about reviving my Red-White & Blue "Miss America" deck also, this deck includes:

Lightning Angel (Miss America)
Lightning Helix
Fire/Ice
Counterspell
Isochron Scepter
Rout
Prophetic Bolt
Eternal Dragon (new addition)
Exhalted Angel (new addition)
Orim's Chant (new sddition)
Academy Ruins
Fact or Fiction

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
These cards hardly seem to do "nothing". WHERE'S THE NOTHING DECK!?!?!?!?

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Limited

I thought "Keeper" was reserved for decks that include Keeper of Tresserhorn.

Killer Joe

I play tested this version recently and realized this version of my "Sienfeld Deck" is a tad more aggressive than the original. I have posted the original in this forum before if you want to compare.

Lands
2 Plateau
4 Plains
2 Mountain
3 Forest
1 Rith's Grove
2 Sacred Foundry
3 Stomping Ground
2 Savanah
1 Taiga

The Basics from the Original List
4 Powerstone Minefield
3 Gaea's Blessing
1 Sylvan Library
1 Abundance
1 Kismet
1 Phyrexian Furnace
1 Ivory Mask

New add-ons
4 Ghostly Prison
3 Order//Chaos
4 Farseek (Used to be Rampant Growth)
1 Meekstone
1 Juntu Stakes
3 Hull Breach (has been in and out of the list for several years)
2 Pulse of the Fields
1 Rout (Was Wrath of God at one time, I think)
1 Privileged Position
1 Razia's Purification
2 Armadillo Cloak
2 Sol Ring

I have 3 solts left open.

The prisim I use when choosing a card for this deck is:
1.) Is this card Black or Blue or any combination with these two colors in it? If no, then it goes on...
2.) Is this card a creature or can it produce creatures in any, shape or form? If no, then it goes on...
3.) Does this card in any way kill my opponent via damage? If no, then it goes on...
4.) Does this card alone allow me to win the game? If no, then it goes on...

After that then it basically comes down to whether or not I like it. I'm not real happy with my current list so at "T" minus 4 hrs 10 min I'm still building :rolleyes:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
...you spelled Operatic wrong. :D

And if you're looking for something else for the deck, why not Dueling Grounds or Force Bubble?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Killer Joe

I didn't take notes on the either of the games. See, the MML now has two "official" games; the main Multiplayer Game at Noon and then the "Theme Deck" game at 4:30.

It's been awhile since I've talked about the MML so here's an ever so brief update:
The last two years the MML has been played with real aggression and we, as a group, decided at our December meeting to 'tone-it-down', you know, to make it more "fun" (whateverinthehell THAT means anymore :rolleyes: ) so there's no longer an entrance fee unless you want to put in a buck to play otherwise when prizes are awarded at the end of our Spring Season League if you didn't pay the $4 dollars at the time of the games are played you just get a handshake. We all thought this would generate more interest, the jury is still out, of course since we just started it.

There are some members who wanted to play the MML but with a Theme and though we tried it a few times it just wasn't enough. So at the meeting we decided to create a second "official" game that would be only for themes.

Last month the theme was Mono-Colored, this month was 40 card deck with a maximum up to 60 cards (The maximum size penalty absolutely did not harm my deck since I almost always play with 60 or 61 cards).

We actually made a calendar of our events:
January: Open House MML Game (This is for recruiting purposes) - Theme Deck Game (Mono-Clolored)
February: Game 1 MML Spring League - Theme Deck Game (40 card deck)
March: Game 2 MML Spring League - Theme Deck Game (Prismatic, maybe)
April: Game 3 MML Spring League - Theme Deck Game (TBA)
May: Final Game MML Spring League - Theme Deck Game (TBA)
June: Open House MML Game - Theme Deck Game (TBA)
July: Open House MML Game - Theme Deck Game (TBA)
August: Game 1 MML Fall League - Theme Deck Game (TBA)
September: Game 2 MML Fall League - Theme Deck Game (TBA)
October: Game 3 MML Fall League - Theme Deck Game (TBA)
November: No scheduled games because we're having our convention this month called GASPcon8
December: Final Game MML Fall League - Theme Deck Game (TBA) & our annual MML meeting at the conclusion of the games.

This past Saturday was game 1 for our spring league and a new guy (B-Harry) won with the ole' Elves, Penmin's Aura, Flamestone Worker whatever he's called guy. Combo-Deck for sure that I played at the MML (Rogue League back then) in July of '04.

Theme Deck Game was also won by a combo deck by D'Wanger using the ole' Lava Spike/UR Guildmage, Red Ritual card. In fact, out of the 8 players in that game 5 of them were playing combolicious decks which is the real way to win in the MML games now. I appreciate combo decks being in the environment but I'm a control player and I can handle combo but not when 5/8 of the field is turn two or three combo kills. D'Wanger won on turn two.

Anyway, it's getting off to a great start, our games are full of 8 plus players each time and that's what we wanted. We even got a few of the RPG'ers to join the Theme Game, WOW! :eek: I guess Ebberonn was burned to the ground or something ;)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I still can. Just tell him to write it again in greater detail.... with more feeling... and spelling "operatic" correctly.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Killer Joe

Honestly, Game 1 of the Spring League at the MML didn't have much action. B-Harry laid down a few elves, the new league president kept attacking Me or Coach and we weren't playing anything special in fact his deck was real slow and mine, well mine did 'nothing'. The elves could've gone away a couple of times but the red player was worried that we would all gang up on him so the elves came out to play and WHAM! Wirewwood Channeler plaopped down and B-Harry wins in like 10 rounds.

The Theme Deck Game really had no details except that everyone laid down a land and on turn two D'Wanger gets the Izzet Guildmage down after playing a the cards that gives you five red mana and then casting Lava Spike with Desperate Ritual spliced onto it or whatever the combo is and he went to town before we had a third turn. Boring. :yawn:

The thing is is that combo decks are now the norm for our environment and that's going to have to be okay because combo decks ARE a part of magic same as control decks.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
If you make the theme "40-card deck" then you are simply asking for someone to combo you to death.

Killer Joe

Of course, but we don't "make" the game theme, we vote on it. Also, several of our 'new' players are Combo players so there's that, too. :rolleyes: