Fav Movie?

F

FoundationOfRancor

My favorite movie is THE MATRIX!!! I heard they were makin a sequel... Anyway, my favorite actor is Jim carrey (In his serious roles) whats your fav. movie and actor?

U

Ura

O.k.
Fav movie is Casablanca cause it was just so cool. :)
As for actors, I like Harrison Ford, Sean Connery, and Jackie Chan.

T

theorgg

<font size="2" color="#FF6000">* theorgg runs away</font>

would it be more obvious if we ran away more?

STOP!

Whhaat iss your Name?
sir robin of lockslear
Whhaat iss your quEst?
I seek the grail...
Whhaat is the color of my underpants?
Blue, NO Yellooooooooooooooo

Z

Zadok001

Oh, yeah. Monty Python all the way. :) Though Matrix is right up there. Actually, though, I'm gonna say Sixth Sense. That movie was infinitely well done, the timing could not have been _more_ perfect for the style. Awesome...

Oh, yeah. What's everyone's idea of the _worst_ movie? I'm gonna say The Messenger. Reasoning? The setting is the middle ages, and we have people running around saying 'What's your problem?' Like hell.

Oh, yeah. And every movie has a 'defining' scene of sorts. Matrix, it's the lobby shoot-out or Morpheus vs. Neo. Jurrassic Park, the T-Rex chasing the jeep. In The Messenger, it's a beautiful castle, the sun setting behind the camera. Two people on horseback are riding next to the castle, and they have these HUGE shadows against the wall.

Whenever I see a scene like that, my nit-picking kicks in, and I think, 'I hope they remembered to take out the camera's shadow.' In the Messenger, that though went like this:

"I hope they rememebered to- OH SHIT!"

C

Chaos Turtle

Fight Club!

You are not your job.
You are not your car.
You are not your furniture.
You are not the contents of your wallet.
You are not how much money you have in the bank.
You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I dug the whole Lethal Weapon series, myself. The chemistry between Gibson and Glover was tremendous, the one-liners great, and the action was non-stop.

Honorable mention for Ladyhawke and Dragonslayer, in the fantasy department, and the Terminator movies for sci-fi. I liked the effects in Stargate too.

TomB
CPA Member

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
&lt;sigh&gt; Mine would have to be Star Wars. It was just so.... cool.

Actors pretty much mimic Ura: Harrison Ford and Jackie Chan, maybe Kevin Bacon because he's a supporting player in EVERYTHING...

Sixth Sense was absolutely fantastic. It blew me away...

Worst movie so far that I've seen: Cabin Boy.

D

Dune Echo

I have lots of favorites:

The Matrix (JUST ROCKS!)
Strange Days (Ralph Fiennes is so cool in that!)
Transformers: The Movie (Leftover childhood favorite.)
Dark Crystal (Awesome fantasy movie)
Labyrinth (Jim Henson, again!)
Edward Scissorhands (Has Tim Burton ever done a BAD movie?)
Ladyhawk (Rutger Hauer is just cool too.)
Excalibur (AWESOME FIGHT SCENES!)

-has anyone noticed my prediliction towards fantasy yet?-

F

FoundationOfRancor

My absolute worst movie is... well I guess I dont have a worst movie! I loved the 6th sense as well! I didnt like the new star wars episode 1, but the lightsaber battle was so very cool :). I loved the leathal weapons series too! My favorite scene in the matrix was the western shoot out between reeves and that agent dude!

C

Captain Caveman

Fav's: Indiana Jones Series
Twister
Matrix
Field of Dreams

A

asadoine

Well the movie I watched the most times was by far "The empire strikes back" with around 35 viewings (with a record of 5 times within 48 hours when it came out on video a long long time ago.... back in 85 !)

Excalibur was great, even if the armors and horse attire are not history compliant ... the whole atmosphere was great.

Biggest disapointment : Aliens 3. God was the scrip just tooooo obvious. Hopefully the 4th was cool again.

T

The Magic Jackal

Fav movie? Definitely THE STAND. you know, the stephen king book. Close runners up are the matrix, starship troopers, final destination, and scream (the first one, the second and third ones suck.)

T

theorgg

You didn't like Cabin Boy???

how could a fan of chris elliott NOT like that moovie?
It kicked ass.
and made no sence.

kinda like The WALL on the first viewing...

-The ORGG

"and the second. and the partaways through the third... and the beginning of the fourth...

M

Mr_Pestilence

And the winner is...

A Clockwork Orange.

Seriously, this movie is hysterically funny, incredibly violent, has irony out the wazoo, lots of sex, religious parodies, and a killer soundtrack. I've seen it a couple of dozen times, and I see something new with every viewing.

Whatta movie!

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Hmmm... fav movie.. ermm... I'm not really sure -- ALL Monty Python is great (The Flying Circus is the best series ever!!!), but there are other great movies. :) (Skirting the question I am)

On a side note, anyone ever seen Pi? A very very strange movie, but pretty well done.

-mike

G

galtwish

Clerks for comedy
Platoon for drama
The Usual Suspets for suspense/mystery
Princess Bride for lighter fare
and...
Fight Club was pretty amazing and unqualifiable, as was A Clockwork Orange

Erik

A

arhar

My three all-time favorite movies -

"DUEL" !!!!!!! Has anyone actually seen that? Anyone? Someone? No? Well, you SHOULD!!!

"Reservoir dogs" - no comment on that one, it is just TOO COOL

and... "JAWS"!!!!!!!! Sharks all the way!! Whoooooooo!!!!

S

superguy

One thought constantly in my mind when i think of a favourite movie, is Matrix. Sorry guys, can't help it, but that movie is awesome.