Fake Cards from the Ghetto Set

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
D

DarthFerret

Okay, for the Turntable, I am a bit confused. Does the defending player get to remake his choices, or do they stay the same?

On The Ghetto: Well, I just hope you dont actually play these cards...OUCH.

Snoop Dog and Open Mic night look fine so far...

Rick James: OMG, way too overpowered, if you draw two of them, you can empty your opponents hand at will. May need to raise the cost.

Police Brutality: Kinda cool, but I assume you mean the creature card must be black, right?

Tear Gas is fine.

Holla should be at least 2RR IMHO

Chester is a little wierd, not sure about that one....

Deranged Hippy: I am gonna take a LONG LONG time to declare my blockers.

Star Sparkle looks fine.

Not Causin Trouble: appears fine right now, although it irks me to give this ability to green....

White Rapper: Unless the spell on the shirt is really really low, his cc is a little too high.

I like Big Louie

Masked Hoodlum appears fine, but I would not play with him in MY deck.

F

Force of Will Smith

WIth the turntable, the opponent doesnt get to remake their choices.
You cast a creature... your opponent counters it... you sac it.. and choose to cast a different spell, creature, or not at all.. their counter fizzles... etc

you attack with a 7/7.. they block with a 1/1.. they give it +6/+6 until end of turn. you sac it.. choose not to attack.. they waste their spell.. its like a cheesy counterspelll where you can see the future... :D

With the Ghetto i felt it was balanced cause it just sucked :D.. its like a sphere of resistance on crack... for free... but it hurts everyone...

Open Mic: I thought it was a fun concept...
how many games has there been a lot of fun going on.. and someone completely wrecked the game with a single spell and made everyone miserable
for the next 2 1/2 hours of the game? lots

Rick James: OMG, way too overpowered, if you draw two of them, you can empty your opponents hand at will. May need to raise the cost.

you got it wrong... you search for rick james...
rick james and I'm rick james bitch are 2 separate cards..
you cast 2 of the discard ones and you get the legend in your hand..
and after a few turns all he basically has is protection from creatures..
or fear..

Police Brutality: Kinda cool, but I assume you mean the creature card must be black, right?
yep... thought i worded it right.. hmm

Holla should be at least 2RR IMHO
I was shaky about the cost... it just makes everything go nuts...

Chester is a little wierd, not sure about that one....
i figured... you play him in a LD or burn deck... it would have to be R/G...
you attack once... or play something like cover of darkness naming hippies..

it'd be tough.. but making an opponent skip turns 1 attack..... thats pretty amazing for green..

Deranged Hippy: I am gonna take a LONG LONG time to declare my blockers.
HEHEHE.... yeah he's basically a free creature you can sacrifice at the beginning of your main phase... and GG for a 6/6 rocks.. plus if you can play him as an instant it could be crazy....
you: OMG.. I PLAY HIM AS AN INSTANT.. BLOCK YOUR 3/3...
opponent: Can you play him as an instant? shifts to 5/5
you: YES I CAN!!! ASSIGN DAMAGE!!!!
opponent: well ok.... ill deal all 3 to the hippy. (shifts to a 4/4)
you: ok he deals damage.. HAH HAH!!!! your creature dies!!!!
opponent: no, i have a fast effect.... (shifts to a 3/3)
you: what are you doing?
opponent: he gets +1/+0 until end of turn.. and ill draw a card. (shifts to 2/2)
you: dammit!
opponent: ok... so your hippy chump blocks him... and my creature lives...

Star Sparkle: i thought it would be cool to make a free sex monkey.. and
her restriction is pretty restricted..

Not Causin Trouble: appears fine right now, although it irks me to give this ability to green.... but the hippies in this set break the rules, hell, they don't even know the rules :D

White Rapper: Unless the spell on the shirt is really really low, his cc is a little too high.

the shirt is actually awesome... it costs "W" and its an enchant creature card that reads "enchanted creature gains protection from red, black, white, trample, phasing, +99/+99, haste,flying,Flanking, and Double-Strike."
the idea being.. you cast it... giving the creature pro white... therefore killing the creature enchantment :D... the funniest part is that the only thing it keeps is haste!!!.. the 99/99 and all that disappears as soon as the enchantment dies...

plus its an anti white creature enchantment spell...
kills pacifism, arrest, lots of cards..

Big Louie: I thought i was going on a limb making White discard
but he's a mob boss.. he can break the rules...

Masked Hoodlum appears fine, but I would not play with him in MY deck.

i dunno.. he'd be a sweet turn 1... but yeah i wanted to make a SUPER beefy White weenie creature with a HUGE drawback...
you play him turn 1....
opponent plays land
you play a land... attack.. opponent takes 5...
opponents plays land... echoing truth on hoodlum.. but since he's targeted.. he dies... lose half your library... you dealt 5...
kinda like suicide white weenie...

i was going to make another one where you milled the top 4 of your library every turn.

Thug 1B 4/4
has to attack or it deals you 4 damage...
at upkeep remove the top 5 cards of your library from the game.
hows that?
kind of like an Uber Erg raiders..

D

DarthFerret

The Thug is pretty cool, but is there an option of getting rid of him if you dont pay the upkeep, or do you have to pay it no matter what? I think the option would be cool, but not sure if it would make it too powerful of a critter...(if you give him haste).

On the White Shirt.....Finally, a card that would make a Thought Lace or Life Lace really worth it! <Evil Grin>

F

Force of Will Smith

There would be no option to get rid of him.. idea being..
he'll help you out.. but you gotta pay his oink.. no ifs ands or buts..
which includes attacking and the upkeep.

On the White Shirt.....Finally, a card that would make a Thought Lace or Life Lace really worth it! <Evil Grin>

Nooooooo!!!! Excessively White Shirt is supposted to suck!!! Noooo!!!!!
:D

F

Force of Will Smith

This one was ridiculous to actually write out, but i think i got it "wizards" accurately...

basically you have 6 creatures.. ones a badass.. youre opponent has a badass... but Joe over there only has 4 creatures....

you pay 4... set aside your 4 best.. your opponent does the same..

your beast that costs 7 deals his damage to your opponents that costs 5... usually he'll win... maybe not..
then the one costing 5 goes... etc..etc...

if for some reason they have an untargetable creature... or one thats pro damage, the gunslinging continues... and most likely everything will die... except for maybe a huge 7/7

in other words... its like a barter for blood... but bigger..

Gang Warfare 2BB Sorcery

When Gang Warfare comes into play, choose target opponent. Both you
and target opponent set aside X creatures, where X is equal to the lowest number of creatures any player controls.

Each of these creatures set aside, deal damage seperately, equal to their power to each of your opponents creatures set aside in this way, beginning with creatures that have the highest converted mana cost to the lowest. If more than one creature shares a mana cost, it's controller chooses the order.Repeat this process until all creatures have been targeted and dealt damage.

man i hope that text will all fit.... i dont want a seraph on my hands...
here's an abridged version if im short for space.

Gang Warfare 2BB Sorcery

When Gang Warfare comes into play, you and target opponent set aside X creatures, where X is equal to the lowest number of creatures both players control.

Each of creature set aside deals damage seperately, equal to their power to each of your opponents creatures set aside in this way, beginning with the highest converted mana cost to the lowest. If more than one creature shares a mana cost, it's controller chooses the order.Repeat this process until all creatures have been targeted and dealt damage

plus the picture im using is of a shadowy figure, red and black, illustrated..
holding out 2 guns... lots of shadows :D...

D

DarthFerret

Lol. There may be a better way to word it, so that it takes less room...but I am pretty sure I don't know what way that is. That is an interesting card, but not sure how it will work in real-time play. Also, can instants/fast-effects be played during the damage dealing? Can I pump my frozen shade to kill your creature?....can I bounce a creature after the order is established? etc.. etc..

F

Force of Will Smith

hmm... well the card has the creatures deal their damage.. so you could pump your shade to make it more formidable.. you can't really respond once the spell is resolving as "they in combat!" :D..
but before.. say if i cast it.. you say.. OOPS I have 2 creatures... lowest number.. then it would just be 2..

here's another one i actually have an illustration for...

Dark Alleyway Land Rare
All creature get -2/-0
Whenever a creature is put into a graveyard, remove it from the game.

i didnt wanna make creatures always unblockable.. like they were at night..
so i made it like marsh vapors or whaever that card is.. where creatures get -2/-0

and when you die in an alleyway... thats it... hence the planar void type ability.. the cost you pay is not having any mana ability with it...
just weakens all.. and when they die, they die..

this is good especially since some thugs are tough as hell..

D

DarthFerret

welll, I was actually thinking more of...ok my creatures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 are matched up against yours a, b, c, d, e. my creature 1 will die to your creature A, so I bounce him, and the my creature 2 can kill your creature b. That way the order is not all messed up, but I can save my best creature (chances are the one you really wanted to get rid of in the first place..)

Dark Alley way looks good to me.....When do I get my shipment of 4 of them?

F

Force of Will Smith

that might work.. but the whole setting them aside in a seperate zone i think woudl prevent that.. but even if it didnt.. thats not so bad..