Fake Card: Vampire Overlord, Way better than the Mephidross!

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

I actually have the image ready but the image has the left side dark and this superbadass vampire on a side profile from the right... just need to do some image doctoring..

i wanted to make him tougher.. but his ability is pretty amazing.. but he does cost friggin 10.. which is usually enough for an infinite combo... i really wanna make him weaker.. but cost less.
I dont think he can go any lower than 5 or 6 (5 if its all BBBBB)

oh damn.. i didnt fix the kerning...

I want to make him cost a max of 8.. im just not sure exactly how good his ability is...

Turn 1: Swamp, Carrion Feeder
Turn 2: Plains, Pentad Prism
Turn 3: Swamp, Priest of gix,, culling the weak on priest,
(6 floating), 2 from prism for 8... play vampire..
turn 4: swamp, BB Foul imp,
Turn 5: Swamp, Pit Raptor morphed..

its a wierd dynamic.. i think you need to have a deck to work with it...
but you could do some wierd things.. like animate all lands.. then sac 1.. to make them all +1/1 +2/2 +3/3 +4/4 and possibly kill in 1 turn...

hehe vampire trees :D thats awesome...

i need to make a really good druid that can transform lands no matter what..
maybe sac him to do it...

what do you guys think?

Attachments

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I could be wrong about this...

But it looks to me like Spirit of the Night would be better in reanimation decks. And Spirit of the Night isn't really considered "too good."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man, I have no idea when it comes to costing something this big with that many abilities. But offhand, if you want to make him 8 cc, I'd say drop him to 5/5 and drop the first-strike and pro-white or trample (either flying and pro-white or flying and trample).

L

Limited

Oversoul said:
Spirit of the Night would be better in reanimation decks. And Spirit of the Night isn't really considered "too good."
Spirit of the Night has haste, so I would be more usefull.. but I was thinking about the ability..

If you have a couple of small creatures out, animating the vampire will mean every creature that dies you may put a +1/+1 counter on all your creatures. Try that with Pentavus and a Ashnod's Altar..

F

Force of Will Smith

Yeah i think i could keep the pro white cause it makes sense... and the first strike... cause well... he'll bite-cha.... but the trample doesnt really make sense...

here's the card with updated artwork... Mmmmm looks sooo nice!!

Attachments

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I still think he should just have two abilities but hey, it's your card :) Still looks pretty good.

F

Force of Will Smith

awesome... i was just glad to use that awesome artwork :D

E

evan d

The artwork is wonderful!

However, becuase my school uses latin books we have a good skill at making images perverted.

F

Force of Will Smith

uh oh... don't do it... i know theres a lot of open space you could paste images... :D

E

evan d

I'm worried about kids and pencils. I shudder to think of what will happen.

F

Force of Will Smith

we'll i'll keep mine with a creepy black background :D