Fake Card: Shifting Merfolk, a 3/3 for U???

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

I think this guy is just fun... not overly powerful.. not overly bad...
he's kind of a fun hot potato card..

I would have used darting merfolk but its already taken, and shifting was used for the sliver to indicate unblockability.. so i think it fits.

Turn 1: Island, Merfolk
Opponent: Land, nothing
Turn 2: Island, i'll declare my merfolk as an attacker
opponent: in response ill deal 1 damage to you... gimme him.. cant attack..

In a group game he'd be a RIOT!

Attachments

L

Limited

"Whenever Shifting Merfolk is the target of a spell, that spells' controller gains control of Shifting Merfolk"

There is no such thing as succesfully cast anymore..

I like him (especially for Multiplayer :) ) but perhaps it should be costed U1..

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
No such thing? What? All spells now fail to resolve?

I would not change it to be restricted to spells that target it, because that makes it too good (if it isn't already, but I don't think it is).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I know there were old spells with that kind of wording, did they change or something?

I think he's fine the way he is now too - kinda like a Ghazban Ogre.

L

Limited

No, all spells that are announced and put on the stack, are considered cast. If they are countered, they are still considered played, they just don't resolve.

So, for instance, the wording on Contemplation has changed from "Whenever you succesfully cast a spell, you gain 1 life" to "Whenever you play a spell, you gain 1 life".

And removing the "dying-to-abilities" wasn't intentional; I was just suggesting a different wording. So it should be
"Whenever Shifting Merfolk is the target of a spell or ability, that spell or abilities' controller gains control of Shifting Merfolk"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, I didn't know the template had changed.

I like the way it is now, with the casting of any spell, not just targeting it specifically, so I'd just change it to "Whenever a spell is played, its controller gains control of <this>" or whatever.

F

Force of Will Smith

i dont really like the idea of targeting it.. because that just gives some players an all out advantage... plus.. you could do some crazy monkey business...

Ill attack... ill target him, gimme... well ill target in response..gimme, he'd just be crazy then...

i love the idea that you can blow an instant to block with him :D