F

Force of Will Smith

This cards is kind of like diabolic servitude which costs 3B.. one time cost

Is this card totally out of line?

Attachments

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh, seems clunky with the wording about only being able to "equip" cards in the graveyard. Makes me think it should just be an enchantment ala Animate Dead.

F

Force of Will Smith

i dunno... i just wanted to use the artwork mainly... and i thought it'd be cool if equipment broke the rules slightly..

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm... well, if that's your goal, go for it, but it just seems "counter-intuitive" :) for equipment to "equip" a card in the graveyard, flavor-wise...

J

jorael

I think reanimation cards should stay restricted to black and white.

Mirrodin gave us more than enough artifacts that have abilities that are usually restricted to 1 or 2 colors. Cool idea for an artifact block, but one block was more than enough IMHO. Besides, some things should not be printed in artifact form, reanimation is one of those.

L

Limited

I agree with Jorael..

But if you wanted to do this, perhaps the following wording would be nicer

"3: Return target creature card from your graveyard to play and attach ~this~ to it. Use this ability only when you could play a sorcery."

You could add the equip ability and make it useful for the equipped creature.
"Equip 3
Equipped creature gets +1/-1.
Whenever equipped creature is put into a graveyard from play, remove it from the game instead"
Now you could reanimate creatures at will with this equipment."

or something really awful like"
"3: Return target creature card from your graveyard to play and attach ~this~ to it. Then put a Pain counter on ~this. Use this ability only when you could play a sorcery.
Equip 3
Equipped creature gets -1/-1 for each Pain counter on ~this."

:(

F

Force of Will Smith

that makes it so much less clunky.. i dont like the idea of if the creature dies.. i think unattaching the equipment would make it so you wouldnt have an endless army of creatures.

Thanks for the idea, i was able to use it almost identically..
Most of all though, the card is much cooler now..

Attachments