Fake Card: Gang Warfare, Creature showdown.

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

here's another from my ghetto set.. ive found i get more input from new posts.. I would like to specify no spells or activated abilites may be cast while creatures are in "combat" but i just cant fit it..

Attachments

E

evan d

What the frick does it do?!?!?!

I dont trust any black cards that are that confusing

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
evan d said:
I dont trust any black cards that are that confusing
Heh, racism...

It is worded kind of funny. I believe that the idea is that all players set aside a number of creatures they control, equal to the amount of creatures controlled by the player who controls the fewest creatures. Bleh, I can't think of the simplest way to say that.

And then all of their creatures shoot each other (for damage equal to power).

Anyway, it's a pretty complicated effect that doesn't really do very much...

E

evan d

Then why is it a card!!

It was not meant to be racist. Are you so short off in life that the first you say is that i am i racist? Now was that racist?

Really i am agianst racism but even further against people calling something racism that isnt.(becuase it lessens the real effects of racism)

F

Force of Will Smith

racist, gangs, and stereotypes exist.. they all have their place in my ghetto set...
hell, all the white females in the set are "bitches"

besides.. this card isnt racist.. if anything its a white guy shooting..

D

DarthFerret

I still want to know what happens if , After the creatures are paired up, can I bounce one to my hand?, or target one with an instant/effect, before the damage goes off?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
evan d said:
Then why is it a card!!

It was not meant to be racist. Are you so short off in life that the first you say is that i am i racist? Now was that racist?

Really i am agianst racism but even further against people calling something racism that isnt.(becuase it lessens the real effects of racism)
"Short off in life"? What does that even mean? Does it have anything to do with two exclamation points being used in place of a question mark?

"Now was that racist?" Uh, I guess it depends on what "that" is...

Really, I was just making a joke with that line in my other post. But "against" is not a difficult word to spell. Nor is "because."

Also, the shift key should be directly left of "z" on your keyboard. You can use it to capitalize the word "I."

Okay, so my joke wasn't totally hilarious... :(

But if you're going to deride me simply because you don't have a sense of humor (or have such refined tastes that you cannot stand my mediocre jokes), at least do so in a competent manner... :rolleyes:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Force of Will Smith said:
I would like to specify no spells or activated abilites may be cast while creatures are in "combat" but i just cant fit it..
Use a smaller font ;)

E

evan d

Sorry about the anger. See I can use the shift key, but not after I have been playing runescape for 6 hours and at school I get called a racist for disagreeing with someone. Racism is wrong, but calling someone a racist that isn't makes actual iccidents of racism seem to be less bad. Sorry if I am being disengenous. Yes it was funny, but can the topic racism ever be considered funny?

Also when I used !! and not ?, it was because I did not actually want the answer.

F

Force of Will Smith

smaller font??? its already at 7... which is the same as Seraph... :(..
ehm.. ill try to see how it looks when i print...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
evan d said:
Racism is wrong, but calling someone a racist that isn't makes actual iccidents of racism seem to be less bad. Sorry if I am being disengenous. Yes it was funny, but can the topic racism ever be considered funny?
It's cardboard, or more accurately, it's an image masquerading as cardboard. Cards are not people. No one really considers Train a racist for his whole anti-blue thing. And I have had something against the "human" creature type ever since I first heard about it. Some players strongly dislike elves. So when you said, "I dont trust any black cards that are that confusing" that's really the same thing. I don't think it's racist at all. It's just funny because your sentence starts with "I don't trust black..."

I agree that seriously calling someone racist who is not could trivialize actual incidents of racism. But one playgroup I was in called color-hosers "racist cards." I wouldn't place something like that (or calling not trusting black cards racism) is simply a joke.

Anyway, one of the benefits of internet message boards is that you can examine your whole post before submitting it. I guess sometimes one needs to take a step back and look at things objectively. I know that if I had done that, I probably would not have nitpicked your grammar (which rarely accomplishes anything). :(

Well, I would still have made that joke though, because I still consider it to be quite harmless. :p

F

Force of Will Smith

I didnt want to make the text this small as it might be tough to read depending on how i print it.. but.. here it is..

Attachments

E

evan d

Harmless it was.

These are the problems I get when I don't read all the things taht people say and I only skim it over.

This is about what I saw "evan is a racist", thats all. I didnt see the joke.

Hindsight is 20/20 after all. Hmmm is hind sight taken as a card name? Would make for a wonderful unblockable creature.

Humorous(sp?) this has been.

Hey about the grammer and spelloink, I say in my sig that my posts are free to edit for nitpickables.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
evan d said:
Hey about the grammer and spelloink, I say in my sig that my posts are free to edit for nitpickables.
Yeah, but I can't edit your posts. I can't even edit Spidey's posts... :p

As far as I know, there is no card named Hindsight. It seems like there should be one...

F

Force of Will Smith

I think hindsight would be a rockin spell.. not for a creature though.. im thinking instant... maybe returning a permanent to owners hand that's been in play for at least one turn... but heavily reduce the cost..

like:

Hindsight UU instant
Return up to 2 permanents target player controls to their owner's hands. You may only target permanents that have been in play for at least 2 turns.

maybe with a pic of a guy looking behind his shoulder.. or thinking :D hmmmm....

regarding gang warfare... i thought about basically making it a wrath of god... for black... and simplifing it.. so ppl go... OH COOL.. not WTF????

I'm thinking instead of all the crazy text...it might read

Each player chooses a creature they control with the highest converted mana cost and an opponent. The chosen creature deals damage equal to it's power to all creatures the chosen opponent controls. All damage is dealt simultaneously and cannot be prevented. Creatures can't regenerate this turn.
simpler... does pretty much the same thing... and sometimes more...

each player has a fatty... and sacs the rest... basically...

E

evan d

I wish I could allow any person with a set # of posts to edit my submissions.

Hindsight can only be played if earlier in the game you could have killed an opponet, but goofed up.

F

Force of Will Smith

hmm... that could work.. but as long as you psyche them out to believe that you could, then you could play the card..

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
evan d said:
I wish I could allow any person with a set # of posts to edit my submissions.
Hey, I'd edit your post to include another idea or something, but grammar and spelling is up to you... :)