Fake Card: Flamboyant Bear

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

An idea i've been toying with for a while.. i dont think GG is that much seeing as how he has no additional abilites and cant be targeted.. maybe 1GG is more realistic if wizards made him..

Attachments

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think "quadruple strike" is getting kind of ridiculous... and I don't think there's a difference between "first-strike" and "first strike".

F

Force of Will Smith

oops meant to keep it first-strike for both.
And yes it is meant to be ridiculous...

basically a creature that dies to tremor.. and while unblocked only does 1.. but if you block him or he blocks, he gets +3/+3 until end of turn... although.. if you play an overrun :D

L

Limited

Force of Will Smith said:
and while unblocked only does 1..
Whether a creature is blocked or not, does not influence stuff like first strike (and in this case quadruple strike). So, Unblocked it would deal 4 damage.
One Bloodlust and the Bear is lethal..

F

Force of Will Smith

oh yeah :D you're totally right... hmm..
maybe its broken then :) ,... ok how about like 2GGG?

before you answer think about the kodama north tree as a comparison.

G

Gizmo

Simplify it to a 2/1 Double Striker. 1GG sounds fair for that, functionally its basically a 4/1 which is an Elvish Ranger from Homelands who was 2G.

Are Bears flamboyant though? I mean what does it do, accessorise daringly with a Gucci handbag and diamond earrings?

L

Limited

It is not basically a Elvish Ranger (which was from Alliances, btw) because a 2/1 double striker deals some first strike damage (which is better) and doubles all power enhancing effects played on it.

For the same reason, a 1/1 quadruple strike is a lot better than a 2/1 double strike..

E

evan d

that because if you G growth, a 4/4 quad does 16 while a doube 5/4 does 10

E

evan d

I think I got it. Quad strike is to confusing to be mad a real mechanic, so why not make it copy itself. That copy will be targeted and affected by the original and the original by the copy. This gets the quadrupling effect and still logical and understandable to most players. Idea from the card in mirrodin block. I think it was proteus machine or something like that.

A

Arix

Evan's idea seems a little more realistic than quadruple strike. Perhaps...

Flamboyant Bears GG
Creature - Bear
Double strike
Whenever ~ attacks, put a creature token that's a copy of it into play tapped and attacking. Sacrifice the token at end of turn.
Whenever ~ blocks, put a creature token that's a copy of it into play blocking target attacking creature. Sacrifice the token at end of turn.
1/1

Whoa, the problem there being the crazy inelegance. Kinda like Consuming Ferocity - nice and simple idea, very hard to pull off in a good way.

F

Force of Will Smith

hmm.. the duplicating creatures sounds cool, but ill have to use that for a different card..

ok, i changed it so it has 4 damage dealing steps.. but i didnt like the idea of playing a 5cc creature as a 1/1 that could be terrored or stolen..

so i made him untargetable period.. when you think about it, if he's blocked, hes slightly less effective than a lowland basilisk.. and they autokill..

Attachments

L

Limited

This I like! Great work on the Shop, as usual.

(Shouldn't the post-strike be post-first-strike?)

F

Force of Will Smith

hehe thx.. yeah i guess last strike does make more sense :)