Fake Card: Daikyu, Bow and Arrow Equipment

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

I like the idea of viridian longbow.. but i dont like the high cost of it.. or the fact that you dont have to be involved in combat to use it...

heres a variation.. its low costed cause it doesnt seem very powerful at all..
as you have to know which creature won't be blocked..

kind of like a really weak jitte..

any ideas?

Attachments

E

evan d

Isn't the damge dealt to a player combat damage?

I like the card.

The art is terrerific. Makes me think it was some legendary bow from a doungeon that a white hero found.(I think I should stop playing Avernum now.)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
evan d said:
Isn't the damge dealt to a player combat damage?
No. Combat damage dealt to a player is the damage a creature deals to a player that it attacks. This thing should be worded to specify that it is dealing the damage, like "Daikyu deals 1 damage to target creature or player."

The art is terrerific. Makes me think it was some legendary bow from a doungeon that a white hero found.(I think I should stop playing Avernum now.)
Speaking of the art on equipment, it seems that many of the equipment cards they make (most likely the true percentage is quite small, but it seems like a lot of them) are a solid, curved weapon-like object shown in some sort of unusual lighting (like this card--but more of them are swords or scythes or whatever than bows).

I just did a search to see if I was crazy or something. One big difference I noticed was that most of the cards I was thinking of are producing light (glowing) while this has light shining down on it.

E

evan d

My bit about combat damage was that in the first post it said you would have to know which creature won't be blocked, and I thought that if the creature wasn't blocked that the creature would deal combat damage to the player.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
evan d said:
My bit about combat damage was that in the first post it said you would have to know which creature won't be blocked, and I thought that if the creature wasn't blocked that the creature would deal combat damage to the player.
It does if I understand the above correctly. I think the whole point of the creature was that it needs to deal combat before it can "fire off arrows"; you can't put something like Fire Whip on it to fuel Daikyu.

F

Force of Will Smith

exactly.. and you have to be involved in combat to benefit... instead of just pinging their creatures to death.

E

evan d

Aww.... I was right. So much for goblin sharpshooter mass-desruction.

F

Force of Will Smith

yup :D funny how it's so cheap and yet still about the same worth as a viridian bow..