Fake Card: Breathless Ghoul

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
D

DarthFerret

I like it! As long as you have more life than your opponent (and as long as it get through to him) you win the game!

Hmm...that could be a little scary though....

F

Force of Will Smith

awesome :) i mean... he costs 4 for a 1/1 that unless you wanna blow him up for a hatred like effect... he's a 3/3 for 2BB with an upkeep cost of 2 life.. plus if you played recklessly.. you could attack with him... opponent doesnt block... you pay 18 life.. they bounce it/shock it/ swords it/ fog it/bolt it/

I love the idea how you have to breathe life into him.... :D

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Hatred was a VERY good deck. This guy might be even better than Hatred, which seems dangerous...

D

DarthFerret

I think this card would bear playtesting to see how it would work and if it would be broken. It seems both Oversoul and I kinda like the card, but are leery about its unlimited potential. One Fear or a Dwarven Warrior could be the end of the game.

Also, It has the potential to be a turn two kill. Turn one, Swamp, Dark Ritual, Dark Ritual, Breathless Ghoul, Fear. Turn Two, drain 19 life into breathless ghoul, attack, game over.

F

Force of Will Smith

T1: swamp, Ritual (BBB) 2nd ritual, (BBBBB) he costs 4... fear costs an additional black.
it'd still be turn 2 kill tho..

problem is.. youd need 2 rituals.. secondly.. hatred is an instant.. its a surprise..
you can arrest, burn, bounce and do anything to this guy.. but hes always 1 toughness.. you can see it coming a mile away..

D

DarthFerret

I was just thinking of putting a limit on him. Such as "you can only spend 5 life each turn." or something equivalent.

F

Force of Will Smith

mm.. im not sure if he's worth it then... 5 life for a 6/1?
id probably price him at 1BB if i did that..

maybe i could make him untargetable..
so you have to rely on your opponent having no creatures.. or things that give creatures unblockability without targeting..

then youd have to have him out quick.. or he'd be lame..
or just as a custom blocker.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Force of Will Smith said:
mm.. im not sure if he's worth it then... 5 life for a 6/1?
id probably price him at 1BB if i did that..

maybe i could make him untargetable..
so you have to rely on your opponent having no creatures.. or things that give creatures unblockability without targeting..

then youd have to have him out quick.. or he'd be lame..
or just as a custom blocker.
I think you're on to something there. Yeah, if you limit his ability, he would have to be cheaper, because then he's no longer the competing with Hatred or anything like that. If you make him 1BB and untargetable, he's going to be able to thwart removal spells, which is great. But it will also prevent you from making him unblockable somehow, which sort of evens things out. He can swing for a lot of damage, but it's still hurting your own life total. I'm not sure but that sounds pretty balanced to me...

D

DarthFerret

Yes, folks, I think we have a winner here. In other words....what Oversoul said!

F

Force of Will Smith

1BB for a 1/1 with the limit up to 4 life and he pops
untargetable as well.. so you could easily lay him out turn 1..
their turn one they play a creature
your turn two you burn or kill their creature..