Fake Card: Abyssal blade, creature removal

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

This one's been posted in theory before.. but heres the actual card...
i made it cheap... reason being... if you attack with your creature.. and they choose to block it.. that creature cant attack during their turn..

or if you block their fatty with your equipped creature, they'll lose his power for one turn..

against a creatureless deck or in a creatureless deck it's worthless.. and it gives no immediate bonuses...

I thought about making it remove the creature for 2 untap phases...
that way if they attacked with say.... their 8/8 badass... you'd block...
then theyd have to remove him as an attacking threat during their turn, and as a potential blocker during your turn.

any thoughts?

Attachments

F

Force of Will Smith

yea its kinda like dead iron...

ok lets compare them...

Dead-Iron Sledge, 1 Equipment
Whenever equipped creature blocks or becomes blocked by a creature, destroy that creature and equipped creature.
Equip {2} ({2}: Attach to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery. This card comes into play unattached and stays in play if the creature leaves play.)

hmm.. well dead iron is 1-2.. this is 1-1... but mine only removes it from the game until their next untap phase..

lets see..

their turn:they attack you with an 8/8.. you chump block with a 1/1 abyssal'd..
your 1/1 dies.. but theyre 8/8 is removed..
your turn: you have no 1/1 but their 8/8 is out of comission for 1 turn..
you attack with your "fatty that would die to an 8/8"
their turn: creature comes back

I think if i make it so the creature is removed from the game.. it might be for 2 untap phases.. in which case it would cost more... thing is.. the weapon looks so damn cool.. and the name sounds powerful...

hmm

im thinking of a 3- equip cost 4 for 2 untap phases... legendary of course..
that might be a little too powerful though..

is it better than dead-iron?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think it might be okay for now; play-testing would have to try to see if it's under or overpowered. The wording is a bit "clunky" though. I'm thinking something like:

"Whenever equipped creature blocks or becomes blocked by a creature, remove that creature from the game."

Now, depending on how long you want the creature gone, you could say a variety of things in the next clause. If you want them gone for your opponent's entire turn, you could say:

"At the beginning of your next upkeep, return/put all creatures removed from the game in this way/by Abyssal Blade to the game/to play"

If you don't want them to attack, you could say:

"At the beginning of your opponent's next upkeep, return/put all creatures removed from the game in this way/by Abyssal Blade to the game/to play. These creatures may not attack this turn."

F

Force of Will Smith

Hmm.. I think i'd word it in a way that they couldnt attack or block..
that way if they attack they get penalized with having to either remove their threat, or eat some damage...

ill have to work with that...