Everyone Hates this deck MORE!!

• Thread starter Budget Player Cadet
  • Start date
B

Budget Player Cadet

Okay, I'm at it again. You thought my other artifact deck was bad, check this one out!

4x Seat of the Synod 4x Great Furnace
4x Vault of Whispers 4x Glimmervoid
2x Darksteel Citadel 4x Arcbound Ravager
4x Disciple of the vault 4x Shrapnel Blast
4x Frogmite 4x Ornithopter
4x Myr Enforcer 4x Thoughtcast
4x Cranial Plating 4x Myr Servitor
4x Skullclamp 2x Broodstar

Seem familiar? It's my take on Aeo Paquette's 2. Place deck in 2004. I couldn't get any chrome moxes, but that's all right.

Well, for anybody who was born yesterday, this is ravager affinity. It works like this: Get as many disciples of the vault in play as possible, create incredible card advantage with the clamps, damaging the opponent every time you feed an artifact creature to the clamp, attempt to kill the opponent either by sacking everything to the ravager and dealing twenty with the disciples, or overrunning the opponent with the enforcers, plated ornithopters, and shrapnel blast. Everyone hates this deck, but the difference is, I was around to see how Skullclamp got banned. I still don't get why it's banned in Legacy, though. I just put this together though, and I don't have one ravager :( If anyone has it, please tell me.

M

Modus Pwnens

Thing is, this is only legal in legacy/vintage (disciple and skullclamp are banned in extended), and I think you would lose to decks that combo out faster than you, or a well-timed force of will..

B

Budget Player Cadet

I wanted to play it in legacy, for that I'd have to remove the clamps; I also want to get mox diamonds and Chrome Moxes in the the deck, to accelerate it. I really want this to work though... Any suggestions?

M

Modus Pwnens

perhaps adding a phyrexian dreadnought (stife/mask), but then again, you are a budget player ;)

B

Budget Player Cadet

Don't have stifle or trickbind or etc. and the dreadnought seems really risky... One well-placed vindicate or boomerang and I'm out of either the card I was saving for tendrils or brain freeze, or I'm out of a half dozen creatures.

M

Modus Pwnens

In legacy you might want some smothers then, and maybe seal of primordium/cleansing against artifacts/enchantments.. You really need a way to get rid of counterbalance..